Five Maoists were arrested from a shopping complex here, police said on Saturday.
Two devotees died of heart attack in Jharkhand`s Deoghar district on Friday after offering prayers at the famous Baba Baidyanath Shiva temple on the occasion of Mahashivaratri, police said.
Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) today called for a state wide bandh on February 16 to protest against the state government's decision to impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC in Ranchi during Global Investors Summit.
A man was killed by suspected Maoists in Birangatta village near the pilgrim town in Maoist-hit Giridih district in the early hours today
A 40-year-old man allegedly hacked to death his wife and two minor children, injured two other minors and commited suicide in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today launched energy efficient fans and LED tube lights under the 'Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All' (UJALA) scheme in the state.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
The police has recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Jharkhand`s Latehar district from a Naxal hideout.
The Jharkhand assembly proceedings were disrupted on Thursday as JMM legislators protested the amendments to the two key state land acts originally formulated to protect the rights of the tribal and indigenous people.
Five security personnel, including three CRPF men, on Friday suffered injuries in an IED blast during an anti-Naxal operation in the jungles of Latehar district, even as the forces seized 50 bombs, 165 detonators and over five dozen grenades.
At least four security personnel were injured on Friday when Maoist guerrillas detonated a landmine in Garwah district of Jharkhand.
The Lalmatia open cast mine has an annual capacity of 17 million tonnes and accounts for about half of ECL`s coal production.
The cashless marriage was presumably first of its kind in Jharkhand following the demonetisation move.
Singh asked the Left Wing Extremism groups to give up violence stressing that it has no place in a democracy.
Maoist guerrillas on Saturday torched three vehicles involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) President Sudesh Mahto, an ally of the ruling BJP and Jharkhand State Development Council Deputy Chairperson, on Tuesday skipped a council meeting here along with opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha members.
A CPI-Maoist group guerrilla was killed and his wife arrested in a gunfire with the security forces in Jharkhand`s East Singhbhum district on Tuesday, police said.
With the recovery of two more bodies late on Sunday, the death toll climbed to 18 in the coal mine collapse at Lalmatia open cast coal mine of Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) in Godda district.
Shoes were hurled at Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das and black flags were shown to hi at a programme in Kharsawa on Sunday, the state police said.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Open Cast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday in Godda district of Jharkhand.
"Two more bodies have been recovered on Saturday. The rescue operation is going on. There are chances of some more people still trapped in the debris," said a police spokesperson to IANS.
Bodies of at least eleven workers were on Friday recovered a caved-in coal mine whereas dozens are still said to be trapped inside at Paharia Bhodaye in Jharkhand’s Godda district.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Opencast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday, officials said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das is monitoring the situation closely and has asked the concerned officials to intensify rescue operations.
Ranchi Mayor Asha Lakra on Tuesday stopped Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das` convoy to seek justice for the "abusive language" hurled at her by a traffic police.
Jharkhand is working through a surge in crimes against women with a headless women's commission.
A shutdown called by various student organisations on Thursday demanding arrest of those involved in the gang rape and murder of a teenager last week had little impact here.
The Ranchi Police on Wednesday announced a Rs one lakh reward for any clues in the rape and murder of a 19-year-old here on December 16.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Watch - Mayawati's new strategy to win UP polls
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return