A Maoist camp was destroyed by the security personnel in Jharkhand's Giridih district and one of its commanders arrested in Khuti on Thursday, the state police said.
After Uttar Pradesh, now Jharkhand government has ordered closure of illegal slaughterhouses.
Six BSF personnel were on Friday injured in a mortar shell blast during firing practice in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh district.
Former Deputy mayor of Dhanbad Neeraj Singh and three others were killed in a shootout in the city on Tuesday, according to an ANI report.
A driver was shot dead while an unidentified body of a man was recovered in two separate incident in and around the steel city on Tuesday, police said.
Taking lessons from the Uttar Pradesh elections, the opposition parties in the Littipara assembly bypoll are likely to unite as the ruling BJP is working hard to dent the bastion of the main opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM).
Illustrative of how blatantly unscrupulous officials collude with parents to let their wards use unfair means in examinations, seven youngsters were found writing their exams in an under-construction house away from their exam centre here.
Maoist guerrillas have torched three vehicles involved in bridge construction work in Jharkhand's Chatra district, police said on Thursday.
Five Maoists were arrested from a shopping complex here, police said on Saturday.
Two devotees died of heart attack in Jharkhand`s Deoghar district on Friday after offering prayers at the famous Baba Baidyanath Shiva temple on the occasion of Mahashivaratri, police said.
Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) today called for a state wide bandh on February 16 to protest against the state government's decision to impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC in Ranchi during Global Investors Summit.
A man was killed by suspected Maoists in Birangatta village near the pilgrim town in Maoist-hit Giridih district in the early hours today
A 40-year-old man allegedly hacked to death his wife and two minor children, injured two other minors and commited suicide in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today launched energy efficient fans and LED tube lights under the 'Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All' (UJALA) scheme in the state.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
The police has recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Jharkhand`s Latehar district from a Naxal hideout.
The Jharkhand assembly proceedings were disrupted on Thursday as JMM legislators protested the amendments to the two key state land acts originally formulated to protect the rights of the tribal and indigenous people.
Five security personnel, including three CRPF men, on Friday suffered injuries in an IED blast during an anti-Naxal operation in the jungles of Latehar district, even as the forces seized 50 bombs, 165 detonators and over five dozen grenades.
At least four security personnel were injured on Friday when Maoist guerrillas detonated a landmine in Garwah district of Jharkhand.
The Lalmatia open cast mine has an annual capacity of 17 million tonnes and accounts for about half of ECL`s coal production.
The cashless marriage was presumably first of its kind in Jharkhand following the demonetisation move.
Singh asked the Left Wing Extremism groups to give up violence stressing that it has no place in a democracy.
Maoist guerrillas on Saturday torched three vehicles involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) President Sudesh Mahto, an ally of the ruling BJP and Jharkhand State Development Council Deputy Chairperson, on Tuesday skipped a council meeting here along with opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha members.
A CPI-Maoist group guerrilla was killed and his wife arrested in a gunfire with the security forces in Jharkhand`s East Singhbhum district on Tuesday, police said.
With the recovery of two more bodies late on Sunday, the death toll climbed to 18 in the coal mine collapse at Lalmatia open cast coal mine of Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) in Godda district.
Shoes were hurled at Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das and black flags were shown to hi at a programme in Kharsawa on Sunday, the state police said.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Open Cast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday in Godda district of Jharkhand.
"Two more bodies have been recovered on Saturday. The rescue operation is going on. There are chances of some more people still trapped in the debris," said a police spokesperson to IANS.
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Mahakaushal Express train derailed near Mahoba station, many passengers injured
- Kolkata: Fire breaks out in Golden Park hotel
- UP govt cancels board exams in 54 centres after leap in cheating cases
- DNA: IT dept attaches assets worth Rs 33 crore 'linked' to Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Pakistan instigates Kashmiri youth for stone pelting - Report
- DNA: Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha under fire over low attendance in Rajya Sabha
- DNA: Syed Ali Shah Geelani claims Muslims livelihood snatched by abattoir shutdown
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Narendra Modi third most successful PM in Indian history: Ramachandra Guha
- India vs Australia: Gujarat Lions coach Brad Hodge tenders timely apology to Virat Kohli and 'people of India'; says he meant no 'ill intention'
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- With Yogi Adityanath as CM, UP 'babus' give up 'nawabi' habits, embrace new work culture
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Samajwadi Party rift widens, Mulayam cancels dinner after party MLAs warned not to attend
- 'Power greedy Aam Aadmi Party looted citizens of Delhi'