Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) today called for a state wide bandh on February 16 to protest against the state government's decision to impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC in Ranchi during Global Investors Summit.
A man was killed by suspected Maoists in Birangatta village near the pilgrim town in Maoist-hit Giridih district in the early hours today
A 40-year-old man allegedly hacked to death his wife and two minor children, injured two other minors and commited suicide in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today launched energy efficient fans and LED tube lights under the 'Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All' (UJALA) scheme in the state.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
The police has recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Jharkhand`s Latehar district from a Naxal hideout.
The Jharkhand assembly proceedings were disrupted on Thursday as JMM legislators protested the amendments to the two key state land acts originally formulated to protect the rights of the tribal and indigenous people.
Five security personnel, including three CRPF men, on Friday suffered injuries in an IED blast during an anti-Naxal operation in the jungles of Latehar district, even as the forces seized 50 bombs, 165 detonators and over five dozen grenades.
At least four security personnel were injured on Friday when Maoist guerrillas detonated a landmine in Garwah district of Jharkhand.
The Lalmatia open cast mine has an annual capacity of 17 million tonnes and accounts for about half of ECL`s coal production.
The cashless marriage was presumably first of its kind in Jharkhand following the demonetisation move.
Singh asked the Left Wing Extremism groups to give up violence stressing that it has no place in a democracy.
Maoist guerrillas on Saturday torched three vehicles involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) President Sudesh Mahto, an ally of the ruling BJP and Jharkhand State Development Council Deputy Chairperson, on Tuesday skipped a council meeting here along with opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha members.
A CPI-Maoist group guerrilla was killed and his wife arrested in a gunfire with the security forces in Jharkhand`s East Singhbhum district on Tuesday, police said.
With the recovery of two more bodies late on Sunday, the death toll climbed to 18 in the coal mine collapse at Lalmatia open cast coal mine of Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) in Godda district.
Shoes were hurled at Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das and black flags were shown to hi at a programme in Kharsawa on Sunday, the state police said.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Open Cast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday in Godda district of Jharkhand.
"Two more bodies have been recovered on Saturday. The rescue operation is going on. There are chances of some more people still trapped in the debris," said a police spokesperson to IANS.
Bodies of at least eleven workers were on Friday recovered a caved-in coal mine whereas dozens are still said to be trapped inside at Paharia Bhodaye in Jharkhand’s Godda district.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Opencast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday, officials said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das is monitoring the situation closely and has asked the concerned officials to intensify rescue operations.
Ranchi Mayor Asha Lakra on Tuesday stopped Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das` convoy to seek justice for the "abusive language" hurled at her by a traffic police.
Jharkhand is working through a surge in crimes against women with a headless women's commission.
A shutdown called by various student organisations on Thursday demanding arrest of those involved in the gang rape and murder of a teenager last week had little impact here.
The Ranchi Police on Wednesday announced a Rs one lakh reward for any clues in the rape and murder of a 19-year-old here on December 16.
Marandi was involved in several criminal cases, including killing of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjeet Balihar in an ambush.
A mob beat to death an elderly couple accused of witchcraft in eastern India, police said Saturday, the second such killing in the region in two weeks.
A newly-married woman was allegedly raped by her husband and his two friends at gun point at Rahaiya village in Palamau district, a police officer on Friday said.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati - Part II
- DNA: NonStop News
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the false broadcasting of documentary on India's Kaziranga National Park
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore
- Bengaluru shamed again! Biker sexually assaults air hostess in posh residential area, tears her top
- DELHI HORROR! Girl raped near Hauz Khas village while returning from party
- Disclose what Nathuram Godse said during trial; Mahatma Gandhi's legacy too big to be destroyed: CIC