Five security personnel, including three CRPF men, on Friday suffered injuries in an IED blast during an anti-Naxal operation in the jungles of Latehar district, even as the forces seized 50 bombs, 165 detonators and over five dozen grenades.
At least four security personnel were injured on Friday when Maoist guerrillas detonated a landmine in Garwah district of Jharkhand.
The Lalmatia open cast mine has an annual capacity of 17 million tonnes and accounts for about half of ECL`s coal production.
The cashless marriage was presumably first of its kind in Jharkhand following the demonetisation move.
Singh asked the Left Wing Extremism groups to give up violence stressing that it has no place in a democracy.
Maoist guerrillas on Saturday torched three vehicles involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) President Sudesh Mahto, an ally of the ruling BJP and Jharkhand State Development Council Deputy Chairperson, on Tuesday skipped a council meeting here along with opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha members.
A CPI-Maoist group guerrilla was killed and his wife arrested in a gunfire with the security forces in Jharkhand`s East Singhbhum district on Tuesday, police said.
With the recovery of two more bodies late on Sunday, the death toll climbed to 18 in the coal mine collapse at Lalmatia open cast coal mine of Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) in Godda district.
Shoes were hurled at Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das and black flags were shown to hi at a programme in Kharsawa on Sunday, the state police said.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Open Cast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday in Godda district of Jharkhand.
"Two more bodies have been recovered on Saturday. The rescue operation is going on. There are chances of some more people still trapped in the debris," said a police spokesperson to IANS.
Bodies of at least eleven workers were on Friday recovered a caved-in coal mine whereas dozens are still said to be trapped inside at Paharia Bhodaye in Jharkhand’s Godda district.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Opencast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday, officials said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das is monitoring the situation closely and has asked the concerned officials to intensify rescue operations.
Ranchi Mayor Asha Lakra on Tuesday stopped Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das` convoy to seek justice for the "abusive language" hurled at her by a traffic police.
Jharkhand is working through a surge in crimes against women with a headless women's commission.
A shutdown called by various student organisations on Thursday demanding arrest of those involved in the gang rape and murder of a teenager last week had little impact here.
The Ranchi Police on Wednesday announced a Rs one lakh reward for any clues in the rape and murder of a 19-year-old here on December 16.
Marandi was involved in several criminal cases, including killing of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjeet Balihar in an ambush.
A mob beat to death an elderly couple accused of witchcraft in eastern India, police said Saturday, the second such killing in the region in two weeks.
A newly-married woman was allegedly raped by her husband and his two friends at gun point at Rahaiya village in Palamau district, a police officer on Friday said.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party in Jharkhand has shown generosity towards legislators by slashing interest rate on housing loan to a mere four percent.
The overall business volume in Jharkhand is down by about 40 per cent, demonetisation has hit markets badly across the state, traders say.
“Can't people of the country bear with a little inconvenience if that leads to better things?" Rajnath Singh said in Roorkee during BJP's Parivartan yatra.
The villagers had taken the 20-year-old girl to the Gram Sabha, where the 'witch doctor' assured the villagers that he would cure the girl and started to beat her up badly, police said.
Security forces, deployed outside the tribal students’ hostels in Ranchi, Dumka as well as other parts of the state, have been instructed to keep the students inside the premises.
Afraid of an attack by a herd of elephants, residents of Loharatola village, nearly 40 km from Jharkhand capital Ranchi, have taken shelter in trees.
While six vehicles, including a bus and trucks, were torched in Dumka district, a truck and a dumper were set alight by the bandh supporters in East Singhbhum district.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP may announce its first list of candidates for UP elections today
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Watch - Heavy snowfall in various parts of the world!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Yogeshwar Dutt sets example for society, takes Re 1 as dowry ahead of January 16 wedding
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- India vs England, Pune ODI: Virat Kohli hits 27th hundred, equals Sachin Tendulkar's world record in chase — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Latest Box Office collections of 'Dangal' and 'Ok Jaanu' are out!
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Bigg Boss 10: Here's what Nitibha Kaul said about Manveer Gurjar after her eviction
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit