`Future` CM vs BSY`s `Man Friday` in Varuna constituency
Mysore: It can`t get more contrasting than this in Varuna Assembly segment of the district.
Siddaramaiah, a veteran politician and a strong chief ministerial candidate, pitted against a fresher who served as a private assistant to former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa for long.
Heavyweight Yeddyurappa has vowed to defeat Siddaramaiah through Ka Pu Siddalingaswamy who served him well in the ups and downs of his tumultous political career.
"Let him first win in Varuna", Yeddyurappa, who quit the BJP late last year and floated his own regional outfit Karnataka Janatha Paksha, has challenged Siddaramaiah more than once in recent days, giving the electoral contest the tag of being prestigious.
Siddalingaswamy knew for a long time that he would be Yeddyurappa`s choice and was nursing the constituency well for many months and no doubt had the momentum going for him initially.
But Siddaramaiah, a seasoned politician, it seems is peaking at the right time, conducting whirlwind tours of the constituency towards the fag end of the campaigning.
"I will win. That`s 100 percent sure", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama