Karnataka defeat beginning of BJP`s decline: Congress
Bhopal: BJP`s humiliating defeat in the Karnataka assembly polls is the beginning of its decline in election-bound states, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said on Wednesday.
Congratulating Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi for the success in Karnataka, where it regained power after a gap of ten years, Bhuria claimed that the BJP`s decline because of its misdeeds was set in motion from Himachal and Uttrakhand.
Leader of the Congress opposition in the MP Assembly Ajay Singh said that the BJP has paid a price for rampant illegal mining in Karnataka.
The BJP in Madhya Pradesh will also pay a similar price for indulging in rampant illegal mining, Ajay said, adding that the results have exposed even Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s credentials in Karnataka.
However, Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar said that though the party lost Karnataka, it gave priority to value-based politics in that state and never compromised its principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant