Karnataka defeat beginning of BJP`s decline: Congress
Bhopal: BJP`s humiliating defeat in the Karnataka assembly polls is the beginning of its decline in election-bound states, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said on Wednesday.
Congratulating Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi for the success in Karnataka, where it regained power after a gap of ten years, Bhuria claimed that the BJP`s decline because of its misdeeds was set in motion from Himachal and Uttrakhand.
Leader of the Congress opposition in the MP Assembly Ajay Singh said that the BJP has paid a price for rampant illegal mining in Karnataka.
The BJP in Madhya Pradesh will also pay a similar price for indulging in rampant illegal mining, Ajay said, adding that the results have exposed even Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s credentials in Karnataka.
However, Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar said that though the party lost Karnataka, it gave priority to value-based politics in that state and never compromised its principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi