Karnataka polls: BJP’s Namoshi, Belur now join JD(S)
Gulbarga: Shasil G Namoshi, the Bharatiya Janata Party member of Legislative Council, and Belur Gopalakrishna, the BJP legislator, on Saturday joined the Janata Dal (Secular).
Namoshi, who was also the state unit general secretary of the BJP, told a newspaper that the BJP had given him assurances that he would be fielded from Gulbarga south in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
However, the party changed its decision and allotted ticket to Dattatreya Patil (Appu Gowda), Namoshi said.
He also underlined that Patil had burnt the BJP flag and the photographs of national leaders during the by-elections to Gulbarga south constituency.
In Bangalore, BJP legislator Belur Gopalakrishna, who also joined the JD(S), will contest from Sagar Assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH