Rs 10 crore cash, 42,000 litres liquors seized in Karnataka ahead of polls
Bangalore: More than Rs 10 crore in cash and 42,000 litres of liquor have been seized in poll-bound Karnataka by Election Commission appointed surveillance teams.
The special teams have also seized other items worth Rs 1.52 crore after they were suspected to be used to lure voters, a senior official involved in the operation said.
"The total cash seizure till now is Rs 10.02 crore while a total of 42,160 litres of illegal liquor have been seized in the poll-bound state," he said.
EC has deputed a team of Income Tax department officers and other state government officials along with state police to keep a tab on illegal cash, liquor and inducements suspected to be used in the state which will vote on May 5.
EC has also asked the state Election Commission to regularly update its office in New Delhi about any large case of suspicious movement or interception of cash in its efforts to curb misuse of money power in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read