Rs 10 crore cash, 42,000 litres liquors seized in Karnataka ahead of polls
Bangalore: More than Rs 10 crore in cash and 42,000 litres of liquor have been seized in poll-bound Karnataka by Election Commission appointed surveillance teams.
The special teams have also seized other items worth Rs 1.52 crore after they were suspected to be used to lure voters, a senior official involved in the operation said.
"The total cash seizure till now is Rs 10.02 crore while a total of 42,160 litres of illegal liquor have been seized in the poll-bound state," he said.
EC has deputed a team of Income Tax department officers and other state government officials along with state police to keep a tab on illegal cash, liquor and inducements suspected to be used in the state which will vote on May 5.
EC has also asked the state Election Commission to regularly update its office in New Delhi about any large case of suspicious movement or interception of cash in its efforts to curb misuse of money power in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology