Rs 10 crore cash, 42,000 litres liquors seized in Karnataka ahead of polls
Bangalore: More than Rs 10 crore in cash and 42,000 litres of liquor have been seized in poll-bound Karnataka by Election Commission appointed surveillance teams.
The special teams have also seized other items worth Rs 1.52 crore after they were suspected to be used to lure voters, a senior official involved in the operation said.
"The total cash seizure till now is Rs 10.02 crore while a total of 42,160 litres of illegal liquor have been seized in the poll-bound state," he said.
EC has deputed a team of Income Tax department officers and other state government officials along with state police to keep a tab on illegal cash, liquor and inducements suspected to be used in the state which will vote on May 5.
EC has also asked the state Election Commission to regularly update its office in New Delhi about any large case of suspicious movement or interception of cash in its efforts to curb misuse of money power in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail