Former Karnataka CM S M Krishna to join BJP tomorrow
Bengaluru: Former Karnataka chief minister SM Krishna will join the BJP tomorrow in Delhi, around seven weeks after he quit the Congress.
"According to the information we have, SM Krishna will be joining the BJP tomorrow in Delhi," party sources said here.
Krishna would be inducted into the saffron party in the presence of its national president Amit Shah and other leaders, including Ananth Kumar and R Ashok from Karnataka, they added.
Krishna was scheduled to join the BJP on March 15, but had to postpone it due to the death of his sister.
Krishna (84) had announced his resignation from the Congress on January 29, saying the party was in a "state of confusion" on whether it needed mass leaders or not.
Krishna, who was the Karnataka Chief Minister from 1999 to 2004, had returned to state politics after stepping down as then External Affairs Minister in 2012.
He has also served as the Governor of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users