As Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa remains critical after she suffered cardiac arrest on Sunday, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) on Monday temporarily stopped the bus services to Tamil Nadu.
The 7 kg bullion and about 9 kg jewellery valued at approximately Rs 5 crore were found in the raid.
It's the biggest seizure of cash in new currency post demonetisation move by PM Narendra Modi.
A 7-year old girl from Karnataka's Bengaluru has written a letter to PM Narendra Modi lauding his demonetisation move.
A week after the Bengaluru ATM cash heist, the city police on Tuesday arrested the main culprit and van driver Dominic Selvaraj Roy, who had fled away with Rs 1.37 crore.
IAF chief, Air Marshal Arup Raha here on Monday urged the force's commanders to focus on training and trainers for preserving air assets and team building.
Reeling under severe drought, Karnataka on Thursday urged the Centre to waive off 50 per cent of the farm loans, as the state government is ready to write off the rest.
In yet another incident of heist in Bengaluru, a driver of a logistic agency on Wednesday fled with a van laden with Rs 1.37 crore cash.
Karnataka government today said it has not been able to provide state-run bus transport service to 257 villages due to bad roads.
Days after lavish wedding of Janardhan Reddy's daughter, Income Tax officials on Monday raided his Obulapuram mining company.
A blockbuster wedding of mining baron and former minister Gali Janardhan Reddy's daughter marked by unmitigated opulence took place at the sprawling Palace Grounds on Wednesday.
The lavish wedding of Karnataka's infamous mining baron and former BJP minister Gali Janardhana Reddy's daughter in Bengaluru, which has been in news for its show of wealth, may also be a comeback ploy for the businessman-turned-politician.
A replica of the Vijayanagar kingdom has been created on the Palace Grounds in Bengaluru.
The Karnataka CM wants private hospitals, diagnostic labs, blood banks to be included in the exempted list.
Amid state-wide protests by BJP, the Karnataka government on Thursday observed "Tipu Jayanti" in a low-key manner as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the rival party opposed the event for political gains and narrow considerations and termed it as "religious fanatic".
Causing embarrassment to Karnataka's ruling Congress, Education Minister Tanveer Sait was on Thursday seen allegedly watching obscene pictures on his mobile at an official function here.
Elaborate security arrangements were put in place in Karnataka's Madikeri area to avoid any law and order situation during the birth anniversary celebrations of Tipu Sultan on Thursday.
Over 17 BJP workers and activists from various Hindu organisations have been killed in the last one year in Karnataka.
Clad in a colourful sari, British Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday visited a 700-year-old Hindu temple here and took blessings of its presiding deity Someshwara, a form of Lord Shiva.
Shiv Sena has sought intervention of Home Minister Rajnath Singh to "protect" Marathi-speaking populace in border areas of Karnataka, saying they are being subjected to "atrocities" in the adjoining State.
A BJP worker, who is also a RSS activist, was found dead in mysterious circumstances near Magali in Mysuru district with his family and the party alleging that it was a murder.
Bengaluru Development Authority today gave an undertaking to the Karnataka High Court that it would not go ahead with construction of a steel flyover here "as of now" after the National Green Tribunal had granted an interim stay on the controversial project.
BJP has expressed its strong opposition to 'Tipu Jayanti'.
Denying allegations that corruption was done in the Rs 1,761 crore steel flyover project in Bengaluru, the construction of which was stayed by the Green Tribunal, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah today said there was total transparency in the project.
The court which pronounced its judgement on Wednesday also did not find even an "iota of evidence" to prove Yeddyurappa abused his official position.
Senior BJP leader and former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa was indicted for colluding in illegal iron-ore mining in the mineral-rich district of Bellary in August 2011.
The Karnataka government has no plans to take control of temples or 'maths' in the state,? Minister for Muzrai (Religious Endowment) Rudrappa Manappa? Lamani has said.
Gali Janardhan Reddy's daughter Bramhani's wedding is scheduled to take place on November 16.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader J. Jayalalithaa is said to be on the road to recovering from her illness at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, and in anticipation of her coming out of the medical facility soon, special prayers were held at Mysuru`s Chamundeshwari Temple.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE