Gali Janardhan Reddy, once a powerful politician in Karnataka and mining baron, is in news again for spending a fortune on preparations for his daughter's wedding next month.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has said that there is no water in the state's reservoirs.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has been expressing his inability to release water to Tamil Nadu owing to poor storage.
A day after accusing BJP of raking up the Cauvery issue for electoral gains in Karnataka, DMK on Tuesday made a similar charge against the ruling Congress in the neighbouring state.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs of Cauvery water a day to Tamil Nadu till further orders.
The high-level central technical team, led by Central Water Commission chairman G.S. Jha on Monday submitted its report to the Supreme Court wherein it said the situation is "grim in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a protest here on Monday against the police inaction post the killing of a sangh activist.
The brutal incident took place on Bengaluru's Kamaraja Road when Rudresh was returning home on a bike after attending a RSS meeting,
Watch this video and you wont stop laughing.
Several incidents of stone pelting were reported in parts of Belagavi in Karnataka following Dussehra festival celebrations leading to tension prevailing in the city, police said on Wednesday.
Karnataka is hoping for justice from the expert team, which studied the depleted water levels in the reservoirs across the Cauvery river basin in the state on October 7-8, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Monday.
In Tamil Nadu, the high level central technical team led by Central water commission chairman GS Jha will visited Mettur Dam to begin its two-day assessment of ground realities.
More than protests, there is a need to create broader awareness about Karnataka and its concerns at the Centre and judiciary, Ananth Kumar said.
A team of experts, led by Central Water Commission Chairman G.S. Jha will arrive here on Friday to study the water deficit in the four dams across the Cauvery river in Karnataka, said an official.
At least three persons were killed and five others injured when an under-construction five-storey building collapsed here on Wednesday police said.
The Centre on Wednesday constituted a high-level technical team to visit the Cauvery basin area to assess the ground realities there.
At least four construction workers are feared trapped under the debris of a five-storey under-construction building, which collapsed on Wednesday, in Bengaluru.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
Karnataka was on Tuesday directed to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to 18 by the Supreme Court.
The Karnataka government decided to release water to Tamil Nadu and said it will follow orders on the Cauvery water sharing with neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
Veteran lawyer Fali S Nariman has declined to represent Karnataka before the Supreme Court in the case on sharing of the Cauvery river water with Tamil Nadu, said an official on Monday.
The resolution comes after the Supreme Court had warned the Karnataka of consequences if it fails to abide by its latest order to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Centre on Monday told the Supreme Court that it has no jurisdiction to direct it to set-up the Cauvery Management Board as it was just a recommendation of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and not binding on the government.
In a major setback to Tamil Nadu, the central government on Monday challenged the Supreme Court's recent ruling in which it had directed the Centre to constitute Cauvery Management Board.
The Karnataka Cabinet decided to call a special legislature session to discuss the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka's ruling Congress on Sunday issued whip to its lawmakers to attend the special joint session of the state legislature on Monday to decide on the Supreme Court order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka government on Saturday called a special joint legislative session on Monday to discuss and decide on the Supreme Court's order to release Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu from October 1-6.
In its review petition, the Karnataka government said it's a "grave miscarriage of justice".
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah convened an all-party meeting in Bengaluru on Saturday to discuss future course of action after Supreme Court reprimanded the state for ignoring its order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah also participated in the inaugural function of the Dasara cultural celebrations and flagged off the festival`s sporting events at Chamundi hills.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE