A 22-year-old student of a city college was arrested here on Monday for allegedly swindling over Rs 50 lakh from other students by borrowing sums from them, citing various reasons.
Abhayachandra Jain, elected from Moodbidri assembly constituency, said she was not hit by the car, but the side mirror had only brushed against her.
Candidates can log on to results.vtu.ac.in to check their results.
The police have beefed-up security outside all 42 Metro stations in the city after the defacement came to light on Thursday morning.
The Karnataka government will gift laptops to 1.5 lakh students of 'poor' families joining colleges across the state this academic year, Law Minister T. B. Jaychandra said on Wednesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday justified his government's demand for a separate state flag and said that it was in no way an insult to the national flag.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targetted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
Karnataka govt has appointed retired IAS officer Vinay Kumar to probe into alleged special treatment meted out to Sasikala.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has published the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) second round allotment result.
Bengaluru's Deputy Inspector General (Prisons) D. Roopa on Friday said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
The Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) declared the Karnataka SSLC supplementary result 2017 on Thursday.
The Karnataka SSLC Supplementary Class 10th Results 2017 likley to be declared on Thursday.
Multi-crore fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi is serving his jail sentence at Parappana Agrahara Central Jail in Karnataka.
Karnataka on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that the 1924 agreement between the then British province of Madras and the princely State of Mysore could not be the basis of sharing Cauvery river water between the present day Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and present day needs must taken into account.
He is too smart to be caught! Wearing a policeman's cap, a drunk man rides a stolen police bike in full-speed leaving behind his fellow bikers.
RSS spokesperson Rajesh Parmar said Sharath`s murder was the 12th such killing in Karnataka in the last four years.
On June 22, Junaid Khan was allegedly lynched by unidentified persons on a local train while travelling from Ghaziabad to Mathura.
RSS activist Sharath Madiwala, who was stabbed by a group of unidentified assailants at Bantwal near here, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital on Friday.
To a question on de-notifying roads in cities to help bars and pubs, he said states could de-notify only state highways.
As many as four lakh commuters were stranded when they found all stations had been closed, police said.
A married Hindu-Muslim couple were allegedly denied a room at Olive Residency on Annipuram Main Road in Sudhama Nagar.
Prohibitory orders under IPC section 144 have been clamped in four taluks of Dakshina Kannada district following alleged communal clashes in some areas.
On March 21, the court directed the Karnataka Government to supply 2000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu every day.
Earlier in February, the Karnataka Government had passed an amendment bill in the state assembly to legalise the traditional buffalo race Kambala.
Signages in Hindi in at least two of the metro stations in Bengaluru have been masked, following the protest by pro-Kannada activists and social media users.
Rizwan (29), the owner of the scooter and a resident of Jeppu near here, was arrested yesterday, police said.
A person has been arrested for creating a fake twitter account under the name of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, and tweet contents as if it was tweeted by the office of the chief minister.
A decision in this regard was taken in the High Level Committee (HLC) meeting, headed by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition