The accused allegedly dug a pit and dumped the body in a sugarcane field after raping and murdering her.
The Bengaluru police on Friday recovered the body of a 19-year-old boy who was the son of an income tax officer.
The officials of the Income Tax Department are conducting raids on several properties belonging to former Karnataka chief minister SM Krishna's son-in-law, said reports on Thursday.
A bomb scare at the Mangaluru International Airport (MIA) here following the detention of a? passenger with a 'suspicious object' in his possession created?some tense moments at the airport here.
A false alarm over the presence of an 'explosive' in the baggage of a passenger sent the security staff into a tizzy at the Mangaluru airport on Tuesday.
Islam was the All India Congress Committee ( AICC) secretary-in-charge for Kerala.
Two women died, while four other tourists, including a woman, were missing after being washed away in an overflowing stream at a waterfall near this Karnataka port town on Sunday, police said.
Gauri was shot dead outside her house by unidentified men who came on a motorcycle on September 5.
"They (MLAs) are being intimidated by sending police personnel... They are being asked to support Chief Minister Palaniswami," he alleged.
Journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh and noted Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi were possibly killed with the same weapon – a 7.65mm country-made pistol - preliminary findings of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory have suggested.
The Supreme Court will on Wednesday continue hearing the Cauvery water dispute involving the tussle between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Hundreds of social activists, journalists, people's forums and various political party workers from across the country on Tuesday took out a protest rally here condemning the murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh a week ago.
Senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead at her Bengaluru residence by three unidentified assailants on Tuesday night.
Siddaramaiah also reiterated his government`s readiness to reward anyone who furnished a lead into the crime.
Gauri Lankesh, known for her left-leaning outlook and forthright views against Hindutva politics, was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
"Chief Minister (Siddaramaiah) has given instructions to intensify the investigation and nab the culprits as soon as possible. We have given enough officials to the SIT, if they need additional officers we are ready to give," Reddy said.
The Karnataka government has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT), headed by IGP BK Singh, to probe the cold-blooded murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
The brother of late journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh on Thursday said that his sister's murder should not be politicised for political gains and all that his family cared about is justice for her.
CCTV footage of Gauri Lankesh's murder shows a man, wearing a helmet, walking up to her and firing three shots. Immediately after, Lankesh tried to run inside her house but collapsed.
A large number of journalists shouted slogans and demanded the arrest of her killers. They said the killing was "an affront on the freedom of expression".
The Centre on Wednesday sought a detailed report from the Karnataka government even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ordered a probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) into the killing of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the killing of senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Senior Kannada weekly tabloid Editor and social activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
The Kannada journalist-activist, known for her left- leaning outlook and forthright views on Hindutva politics, was shot dead by unidentified assailants at her residence.
Kannada Development Authority has recommended to the Karnataka government to make it mandatory for lawmakers to send their children to government schools.
Gauri Lankesh was the daughter of writer and journalist P Lankesh.
The state BJP had planned the "Mangaluru Chalo" bike rally and the public meeting to condemn the murders of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) workers in the state.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into Karnataka police officer Ganapathy's death.
Around 100 Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers were detained by the Karnataka Police in the city ahead of the party's "Mangaluru Chalo" rally, a party spokesperson on Tuesday said.
"If the BJP had concern for the district and respected harmony and brotherhood, it should ask its youth wing Yuva Morcha to cancel the rally, he told reporters here yesterday.
- B'desh PM Sheikh Hasina slams Pak in UN for 1971 atrocities
- India replies strongly to Pak PM in UN, terms Pakistan as 'Terroristan'
- Cornered Pakistan plays Kashmir-card again at UN
- How much has PM Modi's constituency Varanasi developed after 2014 polls?
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Myanmar reaches out to Rohingyas, encourages them to start moving back home
- Two terrorists involved in attack on SSB convoy arrested in Banihal
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- PM Modi flags off Mahamana Express from Varanasi
- Modi in Varanasi: PM inaugurates Deendayal Hastkala Sankul
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific
- One accused arrested in Muzaffarnagar gang rape case
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- Development biggest agenda on PM Modi's two-day visit to Varanasi
- China's snub to Pakistan at UN: Won't meddle in Kashmir, solve it with India
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- IRCTC blocks debit card payment gateway for several banks
- Toddler dies half an hour after allegedly being administered polio drops in Ludhiana
- Golmaal Again: Ajay Devgn - Rohit Shetty’s funny team is back to tickle your funny bone – Watch trailer
- Watch: Smiling Virat Kohli shows Aussies sledging is not good
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Ranbir is a bachelor, can meet anybody: Rishi Kapoor on son's leaked pics with Mahira Khan
- The trailer of 'Amazon Obhijaan' is exhilarating – Watch
- It is now 'terroristan': India hits back at Pakistan at UN
- Sensex nosedives 448 points, Nifty under 10K-mark amid global sell-off
- Mahira Khan slammed by haters for viral pictures with Ranbir Kapoor
- West Bengal govt to move Supreme Court against Calcutta HC's order on Durga idol immersion
- Rahul Gandhi describes Mahatma Gandhi as an NRI, says Congress movement was an NRI movement
- Watch: When Kuldeep Yadav took his first hat-trick in India colours three years ago