A local Dalit BJP leader was hacked to death by unidentified persons at a roadside eatery in Ballari in Karnataka..
Gowda further said that interest free loans of about Rs. 1000 crores are given to the farmers per year.
The Karnataka government on Wednesday announced crop loan waiver of up to Rs 50,000 per farmer that will cost Rs 8,165 crore to the state exchequer.
President Mukherjee was in Bengaluru over the weekend for the inauguration of the Green Line of Namma Metro.
Raising the issue in the Assembly, the saffron party accused Rai, the minister in-charge of Dakshina Kannada district, of "instigating" and "influencing" the police investigation.
Bengaluru on Saturday became the second city after Delhi to have a full-fledged Metro network in all the four directions, with President Pranab Mukherjee dedicating the last section of the first phase to the nation.
The Phase 1, called the Namma Metro, was delayed for more than six years due to various reasons.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Karnataka on Friday raided the houses and offices of eight state government officials across the state.
Former Karnataka Chief Minister and state JDS chief H D Kumaraswamy on Friday asked the Siddaramaiah government to quit if it cannot announce the farm loan waiver.
Kumaraswamy had earlier said that he had no role in the case and would come out clean.
Police have taken the KSRTC bus driver into custody.
The anti-graft watchdog court had granted a seven-day interim bail to Kumaraswamy on May 17 in the Janthakal mining case.
Government and private schools, colleges, hotels and business establishments remained open while a few cinema halls cancelled the morning show in Bengaluru.
Today's session of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly was reportedly called off as ruling Congress MLAs rushed to attend a crucial meet called by AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi who had come here to re-launch the 'National Herald' newspaper, which was founded by former prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
The video has now gone viral.
The dawn-to-dusk bandh in Karnataka has been called by 'Kannada Okoota', an umbrella organisation of Kannada bodies.
He demanded an "unconditional apology" from Amit Shah.
The Hindu Janajagruti Samiti would organise its sixth Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Adhiveshan at Goa from June 14 to 17, its state co-ordinator Guruprasad has said.
Delayed by a week, the southwest monsoon has hit coastal and south interior Karnataka and is expected to cover the entire state in two days, the India Meteorological Centre - Bengaluru said on Thursday.
The Supreme Court had on March 24, 2014, directed all the states to abolish manual scavenging and take steps for rehabilitation of such workers.
Guru Shanthappa, a person living in Mysore`s Thavarekatte village, has lodged a complaint against village panchayat president Geetha for forcing two municipality workers, Ganesha and Cheluva, to clean a blocked manhole.Geetha,on recommendation of village development officer Anand, ordered both workers to clean the manhole.
Four people, along with the car in which they were travelling, were washed away in a canal in Karnataka's Bagalkot district.
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on Wednesday rescued seven fishermen from a sinking boat.
Fifteen persons were arrested from Bengaluru on Tuesday and demonetised currency totalling Rs 5.75 crore was seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
The incident reportedly occurred in the Joladal forest area of Bhadravati Taluk of the district. The girl was raped in front of her loved one.
"The incidents of honor killing are increasing day by day. Honor killing in India are on rise, be it south India or north India.
The incident occurred at Gundanakala village in Bijapur district.
All 23 workers still stranded on a flooded barge in the Arabian Sea off Ullal in Karnataka were rescued by the Coast Guard on Sunday.
A Coast Guard ship rescued four of the 27 workers on Barge Ibis, while 23 of them were still stranded when rescue operation was called off due to inclement weather.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions