While several dignitaries and government officials have removed red or blue lights from their official vehicles, it appears that Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah has not taken the Centre's ban on red beacons seriously.
Karnataka Chief Minister S Siddaramiah and Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara had a narrow escape when their helicopter suffered a bird hit during take off on Monday.
A six-year-old girl, who went missing in Karnataka's Veerbhadranagar area was found dead at her neighbor's house on Sunday evening.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team are at the spot in Athani taluk of Belagavi district where a six-year-old girl fell into an open borewell on Saturday night.
A six-year-old girl slipped into an open borewell in a village in Karnataka's Belagavi district on Saturday.
A Bajrang Dal activist's body was found on Friday under mysterious circumstances on the shores of Alivebagilu Beach.
The incident took place on Thursday during a public function where the Mandya Superintendent of Police, CH Sudhir Kumar Reddy was also present.
Three coaches and the engine of Aurangabad-Hyderabad passenger train derailed in Karnataka in the early hours today, an official of the South Central Railway (SCR) said.
A Sessions Court on Wednesday acquitted French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier of raping his minor daughter in 2012, citing lack of evidence.
"Micro" tremors were reported in some parts of the city and neighbouring districts for a couple of seconds on Tuesday, causing some panic among the people.
Seven engineering students, three of them female, and their teacher from Belgaum in Karnataka drowned in the sea off Malvan, Sindhudurg, here on Saturday afternoon, police said.
V Nagaraj, popularly known as "Bomb Naga", is alleged to have been involved in converting black money into white by exchanging old currency notes since they were banned on November 8.
Three Indian Mujahideen activists were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for making explosives and conspiring with the outfit's founder Riyaz Bhatkal to carry out terror attacks here and other places in the country.
Expressing happiness over the recent victory in the state bypolls, Karnataka Chief Minister K. Siddaramaiah on Thursday defended his government from the ongoing Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) controversy in the country and said the voting machines were not tampered in these two by-polls.
The ruling Congress on Thursday retained the two assembly seats of Nanjangud (SC) and Gundlupet in Karnataka where by-polls were held on Sunday.
Two persons suffocated to death on Wednesday after they fell into a deep dry borewell in Karnataka's Gadag district.
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is planning to install drones in order to conduct survey, 3-D map buildings and verify property owners' claims during the payment of tax.
An estimated 76 and 78 per cent of voters exercised their franchise in the bypolls to Nanjanagud and Gundlupet Assembly constituencies in Karnataka on Sunday.
An estimated 45 per cent of the voters exercised their franchise till 2.30 pm on Sunday in the by-polls to two assembly constituencies in Karnataka.
The ruling Congress and BJP are playing for high stakes in Sunday's by-elections in Nanjanagud and Gundlupet of Karanataka, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah investing much prestige into the contest.
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a Karnataka government plea seeking review of its September 20, 2016 order asking it to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu till September 27, saying it has become "infructuous" as several subsequent orders were passed.
It seems some other states too are welcoming the step of crackdown on illegal meat shops and slaughterhouses taken by the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government.
According to the Karnataka Government, the Supreme Court`s verdict of abatement of the corruption case against J Jayalalithaa, the late Tamil Nadu chief minister, stands as a fault in the record.
The ongoing heat wave conditions across the southern states have led to severe water crisis in Gulbarga city in Karnataka.
It is said to dream big, as one never know when it will come true. But Akash Jain, the young Bengaluru-based entrepreneur won't have ever dreamt that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who hardly follows 1,700 people across the world, would become one of his followers on Twitter.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker in Karnataka preferred a village cowshed over a five-star hotel for his accommodation at Mysuru.
A government official in charge of welfare of the Backward Classes has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl at the BC hostel here.
Owners of liquor shops in Karnataka, who were waiting for the Supreme Court's direction, heaved a sigh of relief after learning that they had time till September 30 to relocate if they received a notice from the authorities.
The video shows a massive king cobra - described by Caters News as 12-feet long ― greedily sipping the water offered by wildlife rescue workers in Kaiga town, Karnataka.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked the Special Investigation team (SIT) officials to probe the role of former Chief Ministers N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy in the case related to illegal mining of iron ore.
- Chhattisgarh: 25 CRPF soldiers martyred in Naxal attack in Sukma
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- Ground report: How Naxals attacked CRPF battallion in Sukma!
- Kashmir violence: Students boycott classes, throw stones on security forces
- Terrifying footage shows Cheetah attacking tourist in South Africa sanctuary
- More than 20 CRPF jawans martyred in Sukma ambush, PM Modi offers condolences
- DNA: When will government take serious action against Naxalites?
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- Why are students resorting to stone pelting in J&K?
- DNA: Is Pakistan showing dual standards on the subject of terrorism?
- Sukma attack: 70% women among Naxalite attackers in Monday encounter
- I take this attack as a challenge, says Rajnath Singh on Sukma ambush
- Why are leaders like Mehbooba Mufti and Farooq Abdullah protecting stone pelters?
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- BJP retains Delhi's MCD with stupendous victory; AAP finishes second, Congress third
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?
- Arvind Kejriwal threatens to launch 'movement` if MCD exit poll results, predicting BJP victory, come true
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Armed forces' stores suspend sale
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2017, HP Board 12th Result 2017, Himachal Pradesh Class 12 Results 2017 expected to be announced today; check hpbose.org
- Why should I remove it, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on red beacon
- BJP wins NDMC Election by bagging 65 seats; AAP gets 22, Congress 13
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Delhi Daredevils, Anil Kumble commit Twitter gaffe, wish wrong Sagarika on engagement with Zaheer Khan
- Bandh in Tamil Nadu today in support of drought-hit farmers; DMK, Congress back shutdown
- Monkey fever claims woman's life in Goa - What you need to know about this condition
- IPL 10: AB de Villiers' heartfelt message to RCB ahead of SRH clash - Watch Video
- DNA: Sukma attack shakes nation - Watch video to know how Naxals operate