The Income Tax Department raids on Cafe Coffee Day retail chain since Thursday found Rs 650 crore concealed income.
With resentment within the community over projecting Lingayats and Veerashaivas as the same, he clarified that the stands taken by few of his ministers on the issue as "their personal".
The accused followed the 18-year-old German student, who had come to visit an ashram at nearby Panir as part of her research.
In a tragic incident, a six-year-old boy was crushed to death by a moving train when he attempted to cross the railway tracks at Jeppu near Mangaluru, police sources said on Sunday.
The accused allegedly dug a pit and dumped the body in a sugarcane field after raping and murdering her.
The Bengaluru police on Friday recovered the body of a 19-year-old boy who was the son of an income tax officer.
The officials of the Income Tax Department are conducting raids on several properties belonging to former Karnataka chief minister SM Krishna's son-in-law, said reports on Thursday.
A bomb scare at the Mangaluru International Airport (MIA) here following the detention of a? passenger with a 'suspicious object' in his possession created?some tense moments at the airport here.
A false alarm over the presence of an 'explosive' in the baggage of a passenger sent the security staff into a tizzy at the Mangaluru airport on Tuesday.
Islam was the All India Congress Committee ( AICC) secretary-in-charge for Kerala.
Two women died, while four other tourists, including a woman, were missing after being washed away in an overflowing stream at a waterfall near this Karnataka port town on Sunday, police said.
Gauri was shot dead outside her house by unidentified men who came on a motorcycle on September 5.
"They (MLAs) are being intimidated by sending police personnel... They are being asked to support Chief Minister Palaniswami," he alleged.
Journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh and noted Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi were possibly killed with the same weapon – a 7.65mm country-made pistol - preliminary findings of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory have suggested.
The Supreme Court will on Wednesday continue hearing the Cauvery water dispute involving the tussle between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Hundreds of social activists, journalists, people's forums and various political party workers from across the country on Tuesday took out a protest rally here condemning the murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh a week ago.
Senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead at her Bengaluru residence by three unidentified assailants on Tuesday night.
Siddaramaiah also reiterated his government`s readiness to reward anyone who furnished a lead into the crime.
Gauri Lankesh, known for her left-leaning outlook and forthright views against Hindutva politics, was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
"Chief Minister (Siddaramaiah) has given instructions to intensify the investigation and nab the culprits as soon as possible. We have given enough officials to the SIT, if they need additional officers we are ready to give," Reddy said.
The Karnataka government has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT), headed by IGP BK Singh, to probe the cold-blooded murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
The brother of late journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh on Thursday said that his sister's murder should not be politicised for political gains and all that his family cared about is justice for her.
CCTV footage of Gauri Lankesh's murder shows a man, wearing a helmet, walking up to her and firing three shots. Immediately after, Lankesh tried to run inside her house but collapsed.
A large number of journalists shouted slogans and demanded the arrest of her killers. They said the killing was "an affront on the freedom of expression".
The Centre on Wednesday sought a detailed report from the Karnataka government even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ordered a probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) into the killing of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the killing of senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Senior Kannada weekly tabloid Editor and social activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
The Kannada journalist-activist, known for her left- leaning outlook and forthright views on Hindutva politics, was shot dead by unidentified assailants at her residence.
Kannada Development Authority has recommended to the Karnataka government to make it mandatory for lawmakers to send their children to government schools.
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- Encounter ends in J&K's Uri, 3 terrorists killed
- Violence at BHU is conspiracy, says VC Girish Chandra Tripathi
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Watch: Glenn Maxwell st MS Dhoni b Yuzvendra Chahal, again
- Scientists design novel aluminium that floats on water
- Falahari Maharaj asked victim to lick honey from his tongue before raping
- Watch: Indore erupts to Hardik Pandya's scorcher against David Warner
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Baahubali loses to Newton in Oscar race - SS Rajamouli reacts
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy slams protesters over BHU molestation case, says naxalite movement
- Trinamool MP Mukul Roy to quit party after Durga Puja