Hundreds of women gathered in over 30 towns and cities across India late on Saturday, saying they were "occupying the night streets" to demand safety in public spaces.
The incident is said to have taken place in the wee hours of December 26.
At least five bogies of a goods train derailed near Hubli station in Karnataka.
A 50-year-old Assistant sub-inspector was on Monday arrested for allegedly raping a mentally-challenged woman in the Tumkur district of Karnataka.
The Tamil Nadu government sought a compensation of Rs 2,480 crore from Karnataka.
No casualties have been reported yet
The 14th edition of the three-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, billed as the largest convergence of Indian Diaspora, began in the country's IT hub on Saturday with the spotlight on the role of youth in transforming the society and India's potential to play the role of a 'Vishwa Guru' again.
Four persons were arrested on Thursday in connection with the groping and assault of a woman by two scooter-borne men near her home on New Year's eve in Bengaluru.
Parameshwara said he was extremely pained that his statement on the alleged molestation incident had been interpreted out of context and not taken in its entirety.
Facing heat over their alleged inaction, the Bengaluru Police have now arrested at least four suspects in connection with the alleged molestation of a young woman in city's Kammanahalli locality in the early hours of the New Year.
As part of their hunt to trace two men who allegedly molested a young woman on a New Year's Day here, police on Wednesday quizzed many people in the case, said a police officer.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday said that it will conduct day-to-day hearing on the appeals filed by Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against the 2007 award of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal (CWDT) on sharing of water.
Karnataka has been facing severe drought for the past six years.
After alleged mass molestation of several women by a riotous crowd on central Bengaluru's famous MG Road on New Year's Eve made headlines, a horrifying video footage showing a young woman being groped and molested by two men has now come to fore.
Karnataka`s Cooperation and Sugar Minister HS Mahadeva Prasad, who had a bypass surgery four or five years ago, had not shown any sign of illness before he left for Chikkamagaluru.
Condemning Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara`s remark on mass molestation in Bengaluru that "such incident do happen on New Year day and Christmas", women activist Ranjana Kumari on Tuesday said instead of assuring that never such incident should take place, the former is finding excuses and shielding himself by posing the curtain of the western culture.Kumari told ANI in Delhi that it is disgraceful that the minister who is supposed to take care of the law and order, safety and security is making an excuse of the western culture and is also blaming the dress up of women.
Describing the horror on Bengaluru's famous MG Road on New Year's Eve, some eyewitnesses have claimed that it was 'mass molestation' when several women were harassed and heckled as thousands of revelers poured out on to the street close to midnight.
Women were harassed and even molested on the streets of the city on New Year's eve.
The Garden City of India allegedly witnessed really shameful incidents on the night of 31st December.
Days after his government unveiled plans to introduce 100 per cent local quota for blue-collar jobs, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah today said it is high time to think about reservation in private sector and it should be achieved through debate and dialogue.
As per reports, the incident took place due to a short circuit of the battery.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was on Sunday caught on camera getting his shoelaces tied by a man.
The government has sought public suggestions to the draft amendments to the Karnataka Industrial Employment Rules 1961, providing for 100 percent quota.
Water wars with neighbouring Tamil Nadu and Goa over Cauvery and Mahadayi rivers marked the high point of variegated developments from Karnataka during 2016 that also saw BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa's return to state politics with a target to regain power in the next Assembly polls in 2018.
The last rites were performed by Jayalalithaa's family, relatives and cousin brothers at Paschima Vahini on the bank of Cauvery River.
Karnataka Excise Minister Hullappa Yamanappa Meti on Wednesday tendered his resignation letter to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah after a CD of him in compromising position surfaced.
Ramesh K C in suicide note alleged illegalities committed by Special Land Acquisition Officer Bheema Nayak and held him responsible for his death.
After the opulent wedding of his daughter post demonetisation, G Janardhan Reddy was at the centre of a fresh row on December 07.
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part III
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Watch: Preparation undergoing for 68th Republic Day celebration in Delhi
- Delhi: Republic Day full dress rehearsal today
- DNA: Today in history, January 23rd 2017
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Younger Phogat sisters hope to claim Olympic medal to complete father's unfulfilled dream
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: 'BJP would gain if Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance fails'
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- Ukraine and sores of Black Sea looks spectacular from space station!
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!