With resentment within the community over projecting Lingayats and Veerashaivas as the same, he clarified that the stands taken by few of his ministers on the issue as "their personal".
The accused followed the 18-year-old German student, who had come to visit an ashram at nearby Panir as part of her research.
In a tragic incident, a six-year-old boy was crushed to death by a moving train when he attempted to cross the railway tracks at Jeppu near Mangaluru, police sources said on Sunday.
The accused allegedly dug a pit and dumped the body in a sugarcane field after raping and murdering her.
The Bengaluru police on Friday recovered the body of a 19-year-old boy who was the son of an income tax officer.
The officials of the Income Tax Department are conducting raids on several properties belonging to former Karnataka chief minister SM Krishna's son-in-law, said reports on Thursday.
A bomb scare at the Mangaluru International Airport (MIA) here following the detention of a? passenger with a 'suspicious object' in his possession created?some tense moments at the airport here.
A false alarm over the presence of an 'explosive' in the baggage of a passenger sent the security staff into a tizzy at the Mangaluru airport on Tuesday.
Islam was the All India Congress Committee ( AICC) secretary-in-charge for Kerala.
Two women died, while four other tourists, including a woman, were missing after being washed away in an overflowing stream at a waterfall near this Karnataka port town on Sunday, police said.
Gauri was shot dead outside her house by unidentified men who came on a motorcycle on September 5.
"They (MLAs) are being intimidated by sending police personnel... They are being asked to support Chief Minister Palaniswami," he alleged.
Journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh and noted Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi were possibly killed with the same weapon – a 7.65mm country-made pistol - preliminary findings of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory have suggested.
The Supreme Court will on Wednesday continue hearing the Cauvery water dispute involving the tussle between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Hundreds of social activists, journalists, people's forums and various political party workers from across the country on Tuesday took out a protest rally here condemning the murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh a week ago.
Senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead at her Bengaluru residence by three unidentified assailants on Tuesday night.
Siddaramaiah also reiterated his government`s readiness to reward anyone who furnished a lead into the crime.
Gauri Lankesh, known for her left-leaning outlook and forthright views against Hindutva politics, was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
"Chief Minister (Siddaramaiah) has given instructions to intensify the investigation and nab the culprits as soon as possible. We have given enough officials to the SIT, if they need additional officers we are ready to give," Reddy said.
The Karnataka government has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT), headed by IGP BK Singh, to probe the cold-blooded murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
The brother of late journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh on Thursday said that his sister's murder should not be politicised for political gains and all that his family cared about is justice for her.
CCTV footage of Gauri Lankesh's murder shows a man, wearing a helmet, walking up to her and firing three shots. Immediately after, Lankesh tried to run inside her house but collapsed.
A large number of journalists shouted slogans and demanded the arrest of her killers. They said the killing was "an affront on the freedom of expression".
The Centre on Wednesday sought a detailed report from the Karnataka government even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ordered a probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) into the killing of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the killing of senior Kannada journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh.
Senior Kannada weekly tabloid Editor and social activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead on Tuesday night by unidentified men at her residence.
The Kannada journalist-activist, known for her left- leaning outlook and forthright views on Hindutva politics, was shot dead by unidentified assailants at her residence.
Kannada Development Authority has recommended to the Karnataka government to make it mandatory for lawmakers to send their children to government schools.
Gauri Lankesh was the daughter of writer and journalist P Lankesh.
The state BJP had planned the "Mangaluru Chalo" bike rally and the public meeting to condemn the murders of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) workers in the state.
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Shabir Shah confesses to links with Hafiz Saeed: ED chargeheet
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- Senior journalist KJ Singh found dead at his residence in Mohali
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- Everyone will get a home by 2022, says PM Modi
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- CBI begins investigation in Ryan murder case
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Live - IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Aussie pacers remove both openers
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Know why eating onion and garlic is a big no-no during Navratri?
- 'Foreigner hai aap'- Assamese girl denied entry into Agra monument, asked to prove herself an 'Indian'
- DU professor uses obscene language to insult goddess Durga
- We built IITs, IIMs, Pak created Lashkar, Jaish: Sushma at UNGA
- Ram Rahim used to organise 'Bigg Boss'-like show: Honeypreet's ex-husband
- Pakistan headed towards international isolation: Ex-Pak envoy
- Ind vs Aus, 3rd ODI: Wrist spinners in focus as curator promises batting paradise in Indore
- Rajkummar Rao's Newton beats Baahubali 2 in Oscar race—Here's how
- 'Kaskar used burner phones, sim boxes to call brother Dawood'
- Honeypreet stayed in our house on day of Ram Rahim's sentencing: Relative