The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Bellandur lake is the largest of the 262 lakes and tanks in Bengaluru.
VK Sasikala was held guilty for corruption by SC on Tuesday.
Supreme Court had restored Sasikala's conviction on Tuesday in the two-decades-old disproportionate assets case.
Kambala involves a pair of buffaloes tied to the plough and anchored by one person.
In a shameful incident, a class 7 student in Karnataka became pregnant after she was allegedly raped on several occasions by her guardian.
A terror threat was thwarted ahead of an airshow in Bengaluru on Monday.
Apparently conveying its dismay over allocations towards Centrally sponsored schemes for the state, the Siddaramaiah government today claimed credit for ensuring their continuity with smooth implementation despite many structural changes in them.
Former Congress leader SM Krishna will soon join the Bharatiya Janata Party, Karnataka BJP chief BS Yeddyurappa announced on Saturday.
A principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been arrested under the POCSO Act for allegedly sexually abusing and harassing girl students and women staff, police said today.
In yet another incident of public apathy, an 18-year-old boy succumbed to injuries following a road accident here as onlookers clicked pictures of the bleeding victim.
This video will give you goosebumps!
The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned the hearing against ban on Kambala, a traditional buffalo race held annually in the state, for two weeks.
"The cabinet has decided to move a draft bill in the legislature session scheduled from February 6 to February 10. It will allow Kambala and bullock cart racing," Law Minister T B Jayachandra told reporters.
Shetty was administered the oath of office by Governor Vajubhai R Vala at a ceremony at Raj Bhavan.
84-year old Krishna has written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi conveying his decision, the sources told PTI here.
Raising the pitch for lifting the ban on annual buffalo race "Kambala" in Karnataka, thousands of people on Saturday staged a massive rally in Dakshina Kannada district here in support of the traditional sport, even as protests on the issue intensified.
All-College Students' Association along with Tulu film artistes, Yakshagana artistes, politicians and members of Tulunada Rakshana Vedike staged protest at Hampankatta.
The revocation of ban on Tamil Nadu's traditional sport 'Jallikattu' has triggered a massive protest in Karnataka in support of Kambala – the state's annual buffalo race.
With growing clamour for allowing the traditional buffalo race Kambala, Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday asked the Siddaramaiah government to bring in an Ordinance to facilitate holding of the event, saying the people are "emotionally" attached to it.
Former Karnataka chief minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (leader) BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday advocated for traditional buffalo race "Kambala" in the state.
With the clamour growing for revoking ban on Kambala, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddarmaiah on Tuesday pitched for the traditional annual buffalo race, saying that the government will bring ordinance to lift the ban if necessary.
Hundreds of women gathered in over 30 towns and cities across India late on Saturday, saying they were "occupying the night streets" to demand safety in public spaces.
The incident is said to have taken place in the wee hours of December 26.
At least five bogies of a goods train derailed near Hubli station in Karnataka.
A 50-year-old Assistant sub-inspector was on Monday arrested for allegedly raping a mentally-challenged woman in the Tumkur district of Karnataka.
The Tamil Nadu government sought a compensation of Rs 2,480 crore from Karnataka.
No casualties have been reported yet
The 14th edition of the three-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, billed as the largest convergence of Indian Diaspora, began in the country's IT hub on Saturday with the spotlight on the role of youth in transforming the society and India's potential to play the role of a 'Vishwa Guru' again.
Four persons were arrested on Thursday in connection with the groping and assault of a woman by two scooter-borne men near her home on New Year's eve in Bengaluru.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- DNA: NonStop News
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch