A convicted serial killer housed next to the cell of VK Sasikala in Bengaluru jail has been shifted out.
In a bid to put an end to the bull-taming sport of Tamil Nadu, Jallikattu, and the buffalo race of Karnataka, Kambala, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Wednesday said it will move the Supreme Court challenging the legislation passed by the assemblies of both states for having allowed these sports.
'Cyanide' Mallika, a convicted serial killer who was lodged in a cell next to the one in which AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has been put in Parappana Agrahara central prison, has now been shifted, reports said on Wednesday.
In yet another shocking case of apathy, a distraught father carried the body of his dead daughter to the hospital in in Karnataka`s Tumkur district, as there were no ambulances available.
At least nine people including three children were killed and 43 others suffered serious injuries following a head-on collision between a tempo and a cement tanker in Karnataka's Yadgir district in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Bellandur lake is the largest of the 262 lakes and tanks in Bengaluru.
VK Sasikala was held guilty for corruption by SC on Tuesday.
Supreme Court had restored Sasikala's conviction on Tuesday in the two-decades-old disproportionate assets case.
Kambala involves a pair of buffaloes tied to the plough and anchored by one person.
In a shameful incident, a class 7 student in Karnataka became pregnant after she was allegedly raped on several occasions by her guardian.
A terror threat was thwarted ahead of an airshow in Bengaluru on Monday.
Apparently conveying its dismay over allocations towards Centrally sponsored schemes for the state, the Siddaramaiah government today claimed credit for ensuring their continuity with smooth implementation despite many structural changes in them.
Former Congress leader SM Krishna will soon join the Bharatiya Janata Party, Karnataka BJP chief BS Yeddyurappa announced on Saturday.
A principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been arrested under the POCSO Act for allegedly sexually abusing and harassing girl students and women staff, police said today.
In yet another incident of public apathy, an 18-year-old boy succumbed to injuries following a road accident here as onlookers clicked pictures of the bleeding victim.
This video will give you goosebumps!
The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned the hearing against ban on Kambala, a traditional buffalo race held annually in the state, for two weeks.
"The cabinet has decided to move a draft bill in the legislature session scheduled from February 6 to February 10. It will allow Kambala and bullock cart racing," Law Minister T B Jayachandra told reporters.
Shetty was administered the oath of office by Governor Vajubhai R Vala at a ceremony at Raj Bhavan.
84-year old Krishna has written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi conveying his decision, the sources told PTI here.
Raising the pitch for lifting the ban on annual buffalo race "Kambala" in Karnataka, thousands of people on Saturday staged a massive rally in Dakshina Kannada district here in support of the traditional sport, even as protests on the issue intensified.
All-College Students' Association along with Tulu film artistes, Yakshagana artistes, politicians and members of Tulunada Rakshana Vedike staged protest at Hampankatta.
The revocation of ban on Tamil Nadu's traditional sport 'Jallikattu' has triggered a massive protest in Karnataka in support of Kambala – the state's annual buffalo race.
With growing clamour for allowing the traditional buffalo race Kambala, Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday asked the Siddaramaiah government to bring in an Ordinance to facilitate holding of the event, saying the people are "emotionally" attached to it.
Former Karnataka chief minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (leader) BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday advocated for traditional buffalo race "Kambala" in the state.
With the clamour growing for revoking ban on Kambala, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddarmaiah on Tuesday pitched for the traditional annual buffalo race, saying that the government will bring ordinance to lift the ban if necessary.
Hundreds of women gathered in over 30 towns and cities across India late on Saturday, saying they were "occupying the night streets" to demand safety in public spaces.
The incident is said to have taken place in the wee hours of December 26.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates