The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team are at the spot in Athani taluk of Belagavi district where a six-year-old girl fell into an open borewell on Saturday night.
A six-year-old girl slipped into an open borewell in a village in Karnataka's Belagavi district on Saturday.
A Bajrang Dal activist's body was found on Friday under mysterious circumstances on the shores of Alivebagilu Beach.
The incident took place on Thursday during a public function where the Mandya Superintendent of Police, CH Sudhir Kumar Reddy was also present.
Three coaches and the engine of Aurangabad-Hyderabad passenger train derailed in Karnataka in the early hours today, an official of the South Central Railway (SCR) said.
A Sessions Court on Wednesday acquitted French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier of raping his minor daughter in 2012, citing lack of evidence.
"Micro" tremors were reported in some parts of the city and neighbouring districts for a couple of seconds on Tuesday, causing some panic among the people.
Seven engineering students, three of them female, and their teacher from Belgaum in Karnataka drowned in the sea off Malvan, Sindhudurg, here on Saturday afternoon, police said.
V Nagaraj, popularly known as "Bomb Naga", is alleged to have been involved in converting black money into white by exchanging old currency notes since they were banned on November 8.
Three Indian Mujahideen activists were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for making explosives and conspiring with the outfit's founder Riyaz Bhatkal to carry out terror attacks here and other places in the country.
Expressing happiness over the recent victory in the state bypolls, Karnataka Chief Minister K. Siddaramaiah on Thursday defended his government from the ongoing Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) controversy in the country and said the voting machines were not tampered in these two by-polls.
The ruling Congress on Thursday retained the two assembly seats of Nanjangud (SC) and Gundlupet in Karnataka where by-polls were held on Sunday.
Two persons suffocated to death on Wednesday after they fell into a deep dry borewell in Karnataka's Gadag district.
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is planning to install drones in order to conduct survey, 3-D map buildings and verify property owners' claims during the payment of tax.
An estimated 76 and 78 per cent of voters exercised their franchise in the bypolls to Nanjanagud and Gundlupet Assembly constituencies in Karnataka on Sunday.
An estimated 45 per cent of the voters exercised their franchise till 2.30 pm on Sunday in the by-polls to two assembly constituencies in Karnataka.
The ruling Congress and BJP are playing for high stakes in Sunday's by-elections in Nanjanagud and Gundlupet of Karanataka, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah investing much prestige into the contest.
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a Karnataka government plea seeking review of its September 20, 2016 order asking it to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu till September 27, saying it has become "infructuous" as several subsequent orders were passed.
It seems some other states too are welcoming the step of crackdown on illegal meat shops and slaughterhouses taken by the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government.
According to the Karnataka Government, the Supreme Court`s verdict of abatement of the corruption case against J Jayalalithaa, the late Tamil Nadu chief minister, stands as a fault in the record.
The ongoing heat wave conditions across the southern states have led to severe water crisis in Gulbarga city in Karnataka.
It is said to dream big, as one never know when it will come true. But Akash Jain, the young Bengaluru-based entrepreneur won't have ever dreamt that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who hardly follows 1,700 people across the world, would become one of his followers on Twitter.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker in Karnataka preferred a village cowshed over a five-star hotel for his accommodation at Mysuru.
A government official in charge of welfare of the Backward Classes has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl at the BC hostel here.
Owners of liquor shops in Karnataka, who were waiting for the Supreme Court's direction, heaved a sigh of relief after learning that they had time till September 30 to relocate if they received a notice from the authorities.
The video shows a massive king cobra - described by Caters News as 12-feet long ― greedily sipping the water offered by wildlife rescue workers in Kaiga town, Karnataka.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked the Special Investigation team (SIT) officials to probe the role of former Chief Ministers N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy in the case related to illegal mining of iron ore.
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Zonal unit of Andhra, Karnataka and Telangana on Tuesday arrested two foreigners and seized drugs from them.
We must tell you that you have to take a note of zig-zag lines and yellow boxes else you may be penalised!
While backing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath remark on anti-Romeo squads, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday said that the former's remark was very significant and it clarified that innocent people would not be troubled with this initiative.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Terrorists wearing saffron clothes may attack; MP's secret intelligence agency alerts UP
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Cow security: Mob attacks family in Jammu accusing them of cow-trafficking
- India successfully tests the land attack version of Brahmos missile
- Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri hiding in Pakistan with ISI's help
- Sulkhan Singh becomes the new DGP of Uttar Pradesh
- Former UP minister Azam Khan exposed for illegal possession of lands
- Why did CM Yogi opt for Sulkhan Singh as new UP DGP? - Report
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- Central minister Ravi Shankar Prasad makes controversial statement on Muslims
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show : Why is honesty important for success?
- DNA: Analysing how government's move of prescribing generic medicines would help public
- Shocking! Terrorists planning to strike U P
- West Bengal BJP President Dilip Ghosh gives threatening statement in rally
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni silences critics with marvellous knock, helps Pune beat Hyderabad in last ball — WATCH
- Sonu Nigam ‘Azaan’ tweet row: Here's what Kangana Ranaut has to say
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- Reliance Jio plan Vs Airtel, BSNL, Idea – These could be your best bet
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- IPL 2017, Match 27, Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Live Score, Live Streaming
- Mustafizur Rahman to leave Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 25 to begin Champions Trophy preparations – Report
- Barkha Singh Shukla, expelled by Congress after calling Rahul Gandhi 'mentally unfit', joins BJP, hails PM Narendra Modi
- WATCH: Ball boy steals the show at Mumbai-Delhi IPL match, takes a breathtaking catch
- IPL 2017: RCB star AB de Villiers plays cricket with son Abraham, video cross 1 million mark - WATCH
- IPL 2017, Match 25: Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Daredevils – As it happened...
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja gets the better of ambitious Glenn Maxwell — WATCH