A Bill passed recently by Karnataka Assembly to legalise traditional buffalo race "Kambala" and bullock cart races has been sent to the President for his assent, Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister T B Jayachandra said today.
A convicted serial killer housed next to the cell of VK Sasikala in Bengaluru jail has been shifted out.
In a bid to put an end to the bull-taming sport of Tamil Nadu, Jallikattu, and the buffalo race of Karnataka, Kambala, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Wednesday said it will move the Supreme Court challenging the legislation passed by the assemblies of both states for having allowed these sports.
'Cyanide' Mallika, a convicted serial killer who was lodged in a cell next to the one in which AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has been put in Parappana Agrahara central prison, has now been shifted, reports said on Wednesday.
In yet another shocking case of apathy, a distraught father carried the body of his dead daughter to the hospital in in Karnataka`s Tumkur district, as there were no ambulances available.
At least nine people including three children were killed and 43 others suffered serious injuries following a head-on collision between a tempo and a cement tanker in Karnataka's Yadgir district in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Bellandur lake is the largest of the 262 lakes and tanks in Bengaluru.
VK Sasikala was held guilty for corruption by SC on Tuesday.
Supreme Court had restored Sasikala's conviction on Tuesday in the two-decades-old disproportionate assets case.
Kambala involves a pair of buffaloes tied to the plough and anchored by one person.
In a shameful incident, a class 7 student in Karnataka became pregnant after she was allegedly raped on several occasions by her guardian.
A terror threat was thwarted ahead of an airshow in Bengaluru on Monday.
Apparently conveying its dismay over allocations towards Centrally sponsored schemes for the state, the Siddaramaiah government today claimed credit for ensuring their continuity with smooth implementation despite many structural changes in them.
Former Congress leader SM Krishna will soon join the Bharatiya Janata Party, Karnataka BJP chief BS Yeddyurappa announced on Saturday.
A principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been arrested under the POCSO Act for allegedly sexually abusing and harassing girl students and women staff, police said today.
In yet another incident of public apathy, an 18-year-old boy succumbed to injuries following a road accident here as onlookers clicked pictures of the bleeding victim.
This video will give you goosebumps!
The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned the hearing against ban on Kambala, a traditional buffalo race held annually in the state, for two weeks.
"The cabinet has decided to move a draft bill in the legislature session scheduled from February 6 to February 10. It will allow Kambala and bullock cart racing," Law Minister T B Jayachandra told reporters.
Shetty was administered the oath of office by Governor Vajubhai R Vala at a ceremony at Raj Bhavan.
84-year old Krishna has written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi conveying his decision, the sources told PTI here.
Raising the pitch for lifting the ban on annual buffalo race "Kambala" in Karnataka, thousands of people on Saturday staged a massive rally in Dakshina Kannada district here in support of the traditional sport, even as protests on the issue intensified.
All-College Students' Association along with Tulu film artistes, Yakshagana artistes, politicians and members of Tulunada Rakshana Vedike staged protest at Hampankatta.
The revocation of ban on Tamil Nadu's traditional sport 'Jallikattu' has triggered a massive protest in Karnataka in support of Kambala – the state's annual buffalo race.
With growing clamour for allowing the traditional buffalo race Kambala, Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday asked the Siddaramaiah government to bring in an Ordinance to facilitate holding of the event, saying the people are "emotionally" attached to it.
Former Karnataka chief minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (leader) BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday advocated for traditional buffalo race "Kambala" in the state.
With the clamour growing for revoking ban on Kambala, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddarmaiah on Tuesday pitched for the traditional annual buffalo race, saying that the government will bring ordinance to lift the ban if necessary.
Hundreds of women gathered in over 30 towns and cities across India late on Saturday, saying they were "occupying the night streets" to demand safety in public spaces.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena way ahead of BJP, leading in 40 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: BJP ahead in 36 seats, Shiv Sena 4, Congress 12
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH
- UP Polls: Bookies, gamblers bet huge on BJP's win after PM ups the ante