Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah is likely to meet Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to finalise the proposal.
Former chief minister of Karnataka N Dharam Singh breathed his last on Thursday.
Troubles for former deputy inspector general of police (DIG) (Prisons) Roopa do not cease to end as now a legal notice has been served to her by the lawyer of Director General (Prisons) G. Sathyanarayan Rao.
A 22-year-old student of a city college was arrested here on Monday for allegedly swindling over Rs 50 lakh from other students by borrowing sums from them, citing various reasons.
Abhayachandra Jain, elected from Moodbidri assembly constituency, said she was not hit by the car, but the side mirror had only brushed against her.
Candidates can log on to results.vtu.ac.in to check their results.
The police have beefed-up security outside all 42 Metro stations in the city after the defacement came to light on Thursday morning.
The Karnataka government will gift laptops to 1.5 lakh students of 'poor' families joining colleges across the state this academic year, Law Minister T. B. Jaychandra said on Wednesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday justified his government's demand for a separate state flag and said that it was in no way an insult to the national flag.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targetted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
Karnataka govt has appointed retired IAS officer Vinay Kumar to probe into alleged special treatment meted out to Sasikala.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has published the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) second round allotment result.
Bengaluru's Deputy Inspector General (Prisons) D. Roopa on Friday said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
The Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) declared the Karnataka SSLC supplementary result 2017 on Thursday.
The Karnataka SSLC Supplementary Class 10th Results 2017 likley to be declared on Thursday.
Multi-crore fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi is serving his jail sentence at Parappana Agrahara Central Jail in Karnataka.
Karnataka on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that the 1924 agreement between the then British province of Madras and the princely State of Mysore could not be the basis of sharing Cauvery river water between the present day Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and present day needs must taken into account.
He is too smart to be caught! Wearing a policeman's cap, a drunk man rides a stolen police bike in full-speed leaving behind his fellow bikers.
RSS spokesperson Rajesh Parmar said Sharath`s murder was the 12th such killing in Karnataka in the last four years.
On June 22, Junaid Khan was allegedly lynched by unidentified persons on a local train while travelling from Ghaziabad to Mathura.
RSS activist Sharath Madiwala, who was stabbed by a group of unidentified assailants at Bantwal near here, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital on Friday.
To a question on de-notifying roads in cities to help bars and pubs, he said states could de-notify only state highways.
As many as four lakh commuters were stranded when they found all stations had been closed, police said.
A married Hindu-Muslim couple were allegedly denied a room at Olive Residency on Annipuram Main Road in Sudhama Nagar.
Prohibitory orders under IPC section 144 have been clamped in four taluks of Dakshina Kannada district following alleged communal clashes in some areas.
On March 21, the court directed the Karnataka Government to supply 2000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu every day.
Earlier in February, the Karnataka Government had passed an amendment bill in the state assembly to legalise the traditional buffalo race Kambala.
Signages in Hindi in at least two of the metro stations in Bengaluru have been masked, following the protest by pro-Kannada activists and social media users.
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Arun Jaitley defamation case: HC imposes cost of Rs 10,000 on Arvind Kejriwal, warns Delhi CM not to make abusive remarks
- Wish you were our PM, Pakistan would've changed: Woman tweets to Sushma Swaraj
- Nitish Kumar's floor test in Bihar Assembly tomorrow: A quick look at party-wise position