BJP activist Santosh (52) was attacked in his house at Andaloor in Dharmadam in Kannur on Wednesday night.
In yet another incident of possible political violence in the state, a Bharatiya Janata Party worker was hacked to death in Kerala's Kannur on Wednesday.
Kateel, an MP from Karnataka, also said the Centre would intervene if BJP workers continued to be physically targeted in the state.
Stray incidents of stone throwing were reported from various parts of Kottayam district today during a dawn-to-dusk hartal called by the Cherama Sambava Development Society, a community organisation, to protest alleged atrocities against Dalits by outfits associated with ruling CPI(M) in the district.
Former Kerala Chief Minister A.K. Antony on Sunday asked Congress leaders to end their infighting, saying it was eating into their support base.
The cross-examination of former Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy was completed today in a city civil court in connection with an alleged cheating case involving a solar power project.
IAS officials in Kerala called off a planned protest mass leave on Monday after Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan warned them not to cross a line.
Senior Congress leader Ramesh Chennithala on Saturday wrote to CPI-M General Secretary Sitaram Yechury to seek the removal of Electricity Minister MM Mani, who is an accused in a murder case.
Kerala`s Excise Department has withdrawn a controversial circular which said that its officials would hold an "awareness class" against serving liquor at homes where marriages are scheduled to be solemnised.
'Appam' and 'Aravana are the two major kinds of prasadams devotees can collect from Sabarimala Temple.
The Congress led UDF opposition in Kerala today asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to convene a meeting of Chief Ministers of all states to discuss problems faced by the people in the wake of demonetisation.
Father Basil Kuriyakose, Principal of Kings David International School who was arrested yesterday for having unnatural sex with a 10-year-old boy, was sent to 14-day police custody on Monday.
A Dalit woman gave birth inside a toilet of a government hospital here following which the Kerala Health Minister sought a report regarding the incident from authorities today.
Achuthanandan had reportedly written to Yechury, stating that it was 'ethically and morally incorrect' for Mani to continue as minister as he was the second accused in a murder case.
Catholic Priest Thomas Uzhunnallil has been in captivity for nine months since the Islamic State terrorist group in Yemen abducted him.
The Kerala government on Monday said that the entry of Bhumata Brigade chief Trupti Desai will not be allowed in the Lord Ayyappa temple.
India today said it was in regular touch with Yemeni authorities and Saudi Arabia regarding the safe release of Father Tom Uzhunnalil, who was abducted nearly nine months ago from war-torn Yemen, after a video of the priest pleading for help became viral.
Thirty-one persons were injured in the stampede at the Lord Ayyappa temple here, Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran said today and maintained that there was no lapse on the part of police.
In an unfortunate incident, at least 20 Sabarimala pilgrims were injured in a stampede at the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa on Sunday evening.
Sabarimala is one of the most famous Hindu pilgrimages located at the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Western Ghat mountain ranges of Pathanamthitta District, Perunad grama panchayat in Kerala. Lord Ayappa's temple attracts millions of tourists each year. Situated amidst 18 hills, it happens to be one of the world's largest annual pilgrimages.
At least 20 persons were left injured in a minor stampede that took place at the famous Sabarimala temple on Sunday evening.
A 31-year-old American tourist was arrested after being allegedly found in possession of a satellite phone, banned in India, while on his way to board a flight back home at the airport here, police said on Sunday.
Busting a currency exchange racket, police have seized Rs 39.98 lakh in Rs 2,000 denomination notes at Tirur area in the district and arrested a man, already facing a hawala case, in this connection.
Solar scam accused Saritha Nair today said she would move a higher court against the three year sentence awarded to her by a court in Kerala on December 16 in a cheating case.
Former Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Friday deposed before a judicial commission probing charges in the solar panel scam, allegedly linked to his staff.
Taking a serious view of incidents of alleged ragging in two professional colleges, the Kerala government has sought a report from educational institutions on steps to check the practise and warned of stern action against principals failing to stop it.
A clergyman in Kerala has donated his kidney to a Muslim woman who was suffering from kidney ailments for the last four years and saved her life, hospital authorities said on Wednesday.
The Kerala High Court on Wednesday dismissed writ pleas seeking a CBI probe into the sensational rape and murder of a Dalit woman in nearby Perumbavoor in April this year.
Five students of Erankulam's famous Maharaja's College were reportedly arrested on Tuesday for destroying public property and writing objectionable graffiti.
The first year students in their complaint had alleged that they were stripped naked and forced to clean toilets at the college hostel and were also compelled to drink polluted water.
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- UP polls: Uncle Shivpal figures in Akhilesh Yadav's first list of 191 candidates
- Jallikattu: SC not to pronounce verdict for a week
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- DNA: Why thousands of people are protesting in support of Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu?
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' campaign
- Why are celebrities supporting Jallikattu but never raise their voice for beef ban?
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- BJP finalises second list of candidates for UP polls
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say
- Cash deposits above Rs 10 lakh in bank account to come under I-T lens
- Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- Jallikattu protests: As it happened on Thursday
- Jallikattu protest a lesson for Hindutva forces, Uniform Civil Code cannot be "imposed": Asaduddin Owaisi
- India vs England, 2nd ODI: As it happened...
- Stress – This is how your key body systems react
- WATCH: Mahendra Singh Dhoni's another spot on DRS call; saves Yuvraj Singh this time