The Kerala government has decided to set up dog pounds in each of the state's 14 districts to shelter stray dogs whose population in the coastal state is said to have touched 6.50 lakh.
"The interests of state government were not protected adequately while drawing up the Concession Agreement", the report said in its conclusion.
A key accused in the killing of an RSS worker here was taken into custody today, Kerala Police said.
There was something mysterious about the agreement for the project which was signed during the Congress led UDF government headed by Oommen Chandy, Achuthanandan said.
Discussions with the regard to the convenience of the Prime minister for the project's inauguration was underway with the PMO, Vijayan told the state assembly while replying to a question raised by Aluva MLA Anwar Sadat.
A 50-year-old fisherman, bitten by a group of dogs at Pulluvilla near here in Kerala, died early on Monday morning at the Thiruvananthapuram Medical College hospital, an official said.
Police on Saturday questioned officials at the Ezhimala Naval Academy in Kerala in connection with the death of a 26-year-old cadet whose family has alleged foul play by its staff.
BJP leaders condemned the move against K Rajasekharan, and decided to fight the "politically motivated" case.
A 26-year-old cadet from INA found in an unconscious and unresponsive condition on the floor of the academic wing.
Swami Ganeshananda, also known as or Hari Swami, is a member of the Panmana Ashram in Kollam.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday decided to investigate the death of actor Kalabhavan Mani, following the order given by Kerala High Court.
The Southern Naval Command has ordered an inquiry into the death of Cadet Gudeppa Sooraj, who was found in an unconscious and unresponsive state on the floor of Academic wing of the Academy by a duty sailor instructor earlier on Wednesday.
A key accused in the Kodanadu estate break-in and murder case, Sayan was today questioned again by the Kerala police
The total revenue collection of the Lord Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala for the 2016-17 festival season stood at Rs.243.69 crore, State Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran told the Assembly today.
CUSAT has also published the MBA schedule of Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted from May 29, 2017, to June 14, 2017.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday pulled up the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in connection with the alleged harassment of students during the National Eligibility/Entrance Test on May 7 in Kannur, Kerala.
The state government will consider the possibility of extending scholarship to medical students belonging to poor economic background studying in self-financing medical colleges, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said in the Assembly today.
Bharatiya Janata Party's Kerala unit President Kummanem Rajasekheran on Tuesday said he is prepared to go to jail if he has done a wrong.
Rinesh (28) and K P Jyothish (26) were arrested from Kannur today.
Terming yesterday's incident as "very unfortunate", Vijayan said the government would take steps to bring before law those responsible for the killing of 26-year-old Choorakad Biju at Payyanur in the politically volatile district.
The RSS on Saturday held the CPI(M) responsible for the murder of its worker in Kerala and accused the ruling party of "spearheading murder politics" to annihilate its political opponents in the state.
BJP MLA O Rajagopal condemned the recent hacking of a young BJP worker in kannur.
The Kerala HSC (Plus Two) Result 2017, Kerala HSE Result 2017, Kerala DHSE/HSE Result 2017 expected to be declared on May 15.
The crime took place near Payyannur, ANI reported.
Though the culprits had covered their face, some of the key persons involved in the attack were active members of the CPI(M), BJP district president N Hari alleged.
There were speculations that Mallikarjun Kharge might be relieved from Chairmanship of the Public Accounts Committee, to make room for him to play a more active role in Karnataka politics.
Sreeramakrishnan read out the message of the state governor P Sathasivam which stated that the bill was returned to the assembly.
The Centre has assured that it would not go ahead with the Pamba-Achankovil-Vypar river linking project without the consent of Kerala, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly today.
Four women teachers who are believed to have asked a girl student to remove her innerwear during frisking for writing the NEET medical entrance exam have been suspended for a month by authorities.
The Kerala Assembly on Tuesday condemned the manner in which students were allegedly forced to remove their clothes, including innerwear, for appearing in the NEET in the state.
- Delhi: Man dies after being trapped in lift in Narela
- BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha praises Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Rajnath Singh chairs meet on Kashmir situation
- Delhi: BSP leader, family murdered by business partner
- Yeddyurappa ate hotel food at Dalit's home, accused of practicing 'untouchability'
- Terrifying moment - Video shows girl grabbed, dragged into water by sea lion
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- PM Modi's address at the annual general meet of African Development Bank
- Kolkata: Police fire tear gas, lathicharge to control Left agitators
- Manchester attack: At least 19 dead, dozens injured after blast at Ariana Grande concert
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- I will continue to expose Kejriwal, says Kapil Mishra
- First high-speed Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express makes first trip today
- Arun Jaitley files additional Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Kejriwal
- 7th pay commission: Check out maximum and minimum HRA city-wise if govt accepts bare recommendations of AK Mathur-led panel
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- WATCH: The last Mitchell Johnson over that sealed MI's IPL 2017 final fate against RPS
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result
- Sea lion grabs girl, drags her into water - WATCH what happens next!
- Prabhas’ ‘Baahubali 2’ becomes highest grosser Hindi movie! Check out Box Office report
- Pakistan dismisses India's claim of action on Pak posts along LoC, says "don't brag"
- bseh.org.in; HBSE Result 2017, HBSE 10th Results 2017, Haryana Board 10th result 2017 declared
- Brave Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied Kashmir 'stone-pelter' to jeep, gets award from Indian Army Chief
- Virat Kohli, Anil Kumble demand 150% hike for Grade A players; move may not favour MS Dhoni
- Ram Jethmalani calls Arun Jaitley 'crook', Finance Minister files Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Arvind Kejriwal
- This VIDEO of Indian Army destroying Pakistani posts will swell your chest with pride! MUST WATCH