Swamy said if the police and district authorities in Kannur are not doing their duty "then we have to think of some constitutional measures."
"I request you to kindly intervene in this matter and repeal the newly-imposed restrictions, so that the lives and livelihoods of millions of our fellow countrymen can be protected, while safeguarding the fundamental principles of our Constitution," Vijayan said in his two-page letter to Modi .
In Kochi, Kadakampally Surendran participated in a 'beef fest', where bread and beef curry was served, even as Youth Congress activists took out a protest march in the city.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday said BJP state President B S Yeddyurappa's visits to houses of Dalits and having food there was an "act of hypocrisy" and a "drama."
CPI(M) Kerala secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan has made some deplorable comments on the Indian Army.
In a tragic incident, a 16-year-old girl committed suicide after she was allegedly stopped from playing mobile games for too long.
An unusual case of alleged conversion and marriage at the behest of the Islamic State has come to the fore.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Thursday said he will take up with Prime Minister Narendra Modi the issue of kidnapped Kerala Catholic priest Tom Uzhunnallil, who is at an undisclosed location in Yemen.
The 55th bumper draw of Kerala lotteries was held at Sree Chitra Home Auditorium, Pazhavangadi, East Fort, Thiruvananthapuram.
Built at a cost of Rs 75 lakh the mosque has come up in a five-and-half acre campus of the Ability Foundation.
The Kerala government has decided to set up dog pounds in each of the state's 14 districts to shelter stray dogs whose population in the coastal state is said to have touched 6.50 lakh.
"The interests of state government were not protected adequately while drawing up the Concession Agreement", the report said in its conclusion.
A key accused in the killing of an RSS worker here was taken into custody today, Kerala Police said.
There was something mysterious about the agreement for the project which was signed during the Congress led UDF government headed by Oommen Chandy, Achuthanandan said.
Discussions with the regard to the convenience of the Prime minister for the project's inauguration was underway with the PMO, Vijayan told the state assembly while replying to a question raised by Aluva MLA Anwar Sadat.
A 50-year-old fisherman, bitten by a group of dogs at Pulluvilla near here in Kerala, died early on Monday morning at the Thiruvananthapuram Medical College hospital, an official said.
Police on Saturday questioned officials at the Ezhimala Naval Academy in Kerala in connection with the death of a 26-year-old cadet whose family has alleged foul play by its staff.
BJP leaders condemned the move against K Rajasekharan, and decided to fight the "politically motivated" case.
A 26-year-old cadet from INA found in an unconscious and unresponsive condition on the floor of the academic wing.
Swami Ganeshananda, also known as or Hari Swami, is a member of the Panmana Ashram in Kollam.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday decided to investigate the death of actor Kalabhavan Mani, following the order given by Kerala High Court.
The Southern Naval Command has ordered an inquiry into the death of Cadet Gudeppa Sooraj, who was found in an unconscious and unresponsive state on the floor of Academic wing of the Academy by a duty sailor instructor earlier on Wednesday.
A key accused in the Kodanadu estate break-in and murder case, Sayan was today questioned again by the Kerala police
The total revenue collection of the Lord Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala for the 2016-17 festival season stood at Rs.243.69 crore, State Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran told the Assembly today.
CUSAT has also published the MBA schedule of Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted from May 29, 2017, to June 14, 2017.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday pulled up the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in connection with the alleged harassment of students during the National Eligibility/Entrance Test on May 7 in Kannur, Kerala.
The state government will consider the possibility of extending scholarship to medical students belonging to poor economic background studying in self-financing medical colleges, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said in the Assembly today.
Bharatiya Janata Party's Kerala unit President Kummanem Rajasekheran on Tuesday said he is prepared to go to jail if he has done a wrong.
Rinesh (28) and K P Jyothish (26) were arrested from Kannur today.
Terming yesterday's incident as "very unfortunate", Vijayan said the government would take steps to bring before law those responsible for the killing of 26-year-old Choorakad Biju at Payyanur in the politically volatile district.
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- Jharkhand: Naxals attack railway station, set goods train engine on fire
- 3 years of Modi govt: Zee Media's Exclusive with Radha Mohan Singh, Minister for Agriculture
- DNA: Analysing three years of Narendra Modi Government
- Watch: PM Modi inaugurates India's longest Dhola-Sadiya bridge in Assam
- Exclusive: In conversation with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu over changes in Indian Railway
- Soaps, shampoos distributed among locals in Kushinagar before Yogi Adityanath's visit
- Today in History, 26th May 2017
- Know how PM Modi changed India in 3 years
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100
- Tral encounter: Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Pulwama; shutdown in Kashmir Valley
- West Bengal Madhyamik Result: WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared shortly; check wbresults.nic.in
- Hizbul Commander Sabzar Bhat killed: Know how Burhan Wani's successor was tracked by intelligence agencies
- 21 Lashkar terrorists preparing for 'big terror attack' in India; Delhi Police on high alert
- Indian Army foils ambush by Pakistan's Border Action Team in Uri, two attackers gunned down
- Mitchell McCleneghan slams fan for anti-Muslim rant on Twitter
- Video of weeping toddler trying to breastfeed on dead mother is heartbreaking
- 'Sachin: A Billion Dreams' movie review: You don't have to be a cricket fan to love this film
- PM seeks people's feedback on three years of BJP govt as MODI Fest begins across 900 cities today