Kerala Power Minister MM Mani has drawn ire for calling an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer "mad", authorities said on Sunday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday took on Kerala Power Minister MM Mani for his derogatory remark directed at Devikulam Sub-Collector Sriram Venkitaraman and said that the people are behind the 'courageous' officer, who has been heading the anti-encroachment drive in Idukki district.
The already strained relations between the two Communist parties in Kerala has taken a turn for the worse with a senior CPI leader hitting out at Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
State Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran on Tuesday told media that a probe has begun into reports that a few women worshipped at Kerala`s famous Sabarimala temple last week.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted two months to Kerala Water Authority (KWA) to clean up two water tanks at the historic Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala.
IUML legislator PK Kunhalikutty was on Monday elected to the Lok Sabha from Malappuram in Kerala by a margin of 171,023 lakh votes. The winner called it a victory for "secular politics".
The Kerala government has ordered an inquiry into photographs circulating on social media, purportedly showing some women in the Sabarimala Lord Ayyappa Temple despite a ban on their entry.
With 5,15,330 votes, Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) strongman and sitting legislator PK Kunhalikutty won with the margin of 1,71,023 lakh votes.
A total of 71.33 per cent of voting has been recorded in the bypoll for Malappuram Lok Sabha seat in Kerala, held here yesterday, according to Chief Electoral Officer.
Over 68 per cent turnout was recorded in the bypoll to the Malappuram Lok Sabha constituency in Kerala on Wednesday and could still go up as many voters were still in the queues when polling ended officially.
About 71 per cent voting was recorded today in the bypoll for Malappuram Lok Sabha seat in Kerala with the exercise passing off peacefully.
The upcoming Kannur International Airport after its inauguration in September will change the face of north Kerala,
About 12% polling was recorded in the first two hours of the Malappuram Lok Sabha constituency bypoll that began at 7 am on Wednesday.
Kerala Government on Tuesday promulgated an ordinance making Malayalam a compulsory subject in all schools in the state up to Class X.
Two more members of a group inspired by Al-Qaeda were arrested from Tamil Nadu in connection with a bomb blast in a court complex in Mallapuram in Kerala last year.
Congress MP and former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Sunday finally reacted to the reports that he was joining the BJP.
A 75-year-old man was found dead after being allegedly attacked by a pack of stray dogs in Kerala's Attingal.
A Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) activist Sandeep died in police custody after he was taken by the police for drinking liquor in a public place on Friday.
A Keralite, who reportedly went missing in Kuwait, has been located and will be repatriated soon, according to the External Affairs Ministry.
Jishnu Prannoy, a first-year student of the Nehru College of Engineering in Thrissur, was found hanging in the college hostel in January following alleged harassments by college authorities.
Jishnu Prannoy, a first-year student of Nehru college of engineering in Thrissur, was founding hanging in the college hostel in January last.
The BJP on Tuesday sought to play down the "quality beef" remark by its candidate in the run up to the Malappuram bypoll and accused the CPI(M) and the Congress of raking up emotional issues to divert people's attention from real problems.
Yoga is not a medium to attain divine experience, though it would help physical and mental health, according to the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church.
he Kerala government today said it will seek time from the Supreme Court to implement its order banning the sale of liquor along highways, taking into account the "special situation" in the state.
More than 500 farmers were detained briefly for staging a road-roko at six places in the district today, protesting the construction of a check dam across Bhavani river by the Kerala government.
A day after kicking up a storm with his "quality beef" remark, Sreeprakash, the BJP candidate in the Malappuram by-poll on Monday made it clear that he was against cow slaughter and he stood by the party's national policy on the matter, even as the state leadership said a clarification would be sought from him.
As per police, the woman and the boy became friends on Facebook.
The Kerala government has sought legal opinion and plans to call an all-party meeting in the wake of the Supreme Court order banning liquor vends within 500 metres on either side of state and national highways from April 1.
The Kerala government is approaching the Supreme Court to seek more time to implement its ban on serving liquor in hotels and restaurants within a 500 metres of the highways.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Terrorists wearing saffron clothes may attack; MP's secret intelligence agency alerts UP
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Cow security: Mob attacks family in Jammu accusing them of cow-trafficking
- India successfully tests the land attack version of Brahmos missile
- Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri hiding in Pakistan with ISI's help
- Sulkhan Singh becomes the new DGP of Uttar Pradesh
- DNA : Today in history, 21 April
- Former UP minister Azam Khan exposed for illegal possession of lands
- Why did CM Yogi opt for Sulkhan Singh as new UP DGP? - Report
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- Central minister Ravi Shankar Prasad makes controversial statement on Muslims
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: How Zia-ul-Haq's conspiracy made 29-years ago is affecting Kashmir today?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show : Why is honesty important for success?
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni silences critics with marvellous knock, helps Pune beat Hyderabad in last ball — WATCH
- Sonu Nigam ‘Azaan’ tweet row: Here's what Kangana Ranaut has to say
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- Reliance Jio plan Vs Airtel, BSNL, Idea – These could be your best bet
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- IPL 2017, Match 27, Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Live Score, Live Streaming
- Mustafizur Rahman to leave Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 25 to begin Champions Trophy preparations – Report
- Barkha Singh Shukla, expelled by Congress after calling Rahul Gandhi 'mentally unfit', joins BJP, hails PM Narendra Modi
- WATCH: Ball boy steals the show at Mumbai-Delhi IPL match, takes a breathtaking catch
- IPL 2017: RCB star AB de Villiers plays cricket with son Abraham, video cross 1 million mark - WATCH
- IPL 2017, Match 25: Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Daredevils – As it happened...
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja gets the better of ambitious Glenn Maxwell — WATCH