Following a tip-off, police intercepted two cars yesterday seized the currencies and arrested Shamir, police said.
"I went there in May. I had a meeting with DG, ... Chief Secretary. I told them, what is this centre that 1,000 (people) are converted in a month. On what basis? Do they take advantage of poverty, give warnings, talk about employment. What do they do? Find out. The matter is coming out," Ahir told PTI here.
The Kerala High Court, on May 25, had declared as "null and void" the marriage of 24-year-old Hadiya, known as Akhila before conversion, with Shafeen Jahan in December 2016 and ordered for placing her in her parents` protective custody.
"The Karnataka government is opposing the project. But, Kerala is very keen on implementing the railway line. We have to sort out the issues and explore an alternative alignment," Public Works Minister G Sudhakaran said.
The website of Kerala Tourism has bagged more than 20 prestigious national and international awards. Seeing the potential of videos, Kerala Tourism went on to set up its own channel on YouTube as early as in 2009.
Defying the CPI (M)-led government in Kerala, Mohan Bhagwat hoisted the tricolour on August 15 at the Karnakayamman Higher Secondary School.
A Kerala-based woman claims that her minor son, who hanged himself last month, was a victim of the infamous Blue Whale Challenge.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has condemned the CPI (M)-led Kerala government`s orders to prevent its chief Mohan Bhagwat from unfurling the national flag at a school in Palakkad district of Kerala on Tuesday.
At least 19 people were injured in a clash between Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) and BJP-RSS activists, which broke out after a DYFI rally this evening at a village here, the police said.
CPI (M) and the RSS have been at war in Kerala, with several clashes often resulting in the deaths of cadres.
RSS chief on Tuesday unfurled the national flag in a Kerala school.
The Kerala government is gearing up to release a textbook to teach Malayalam particularly to migrant labourers.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Sunday urged the Centre to take immediate steps to ban the online Blue Whale game in the country "to save precious lives".
A private English medium school in Kerala raised controversies after introducing variations in uniforms for students based on their academic performances. The incident took place in Al Farooque English Medium School at Pandikkad.
The Kerala government would formulate a common stand on granting menstrual leave to its women employees after considering various aspects of the issue, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly on Friday.
After the killing of RSS office-bearer E Rajesh on July 29 in Thiruananthapuram, the BJP has stepped up its attack on the Left Front government.
Kerala Education Minister C. Raveendranath informed the state legislative assembly on Thursday that over 50 per cent of seats in engineering colleges in the state were lying vacant.
The party had expelled R S Vinod, convener of the party Co-operative cell, whose name was mentioned in the report.
The chief minister said since the LDF government came to power Kerala in May 2016, 281 cases connected with violence involving RSS activists have been registered.
A bill to regulate the admissions and fee structure for private medical colleges in Kerala has been introduced in the state assembly on Monday.
Earlier, Pinarayi Vijayan told the assembly that violence had taken place in Kerala in the past also but this time "lies are being spread... with a purpose.
Claiming that the pattern of killings that have been happening in Kerala is distinct, Rakesh Sinha said that the CP(M) are killing Dalit activists because they are dejecting them and coming to RSS
Earlier Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan condemned the murder and called for an all-party meeting on August 6 regarding the same.
The case was transferred to the NIA which arrested those behind the crime. In 2015, the NIA court here found 13 guilty and acquitted 18.
A 47-year-old activist of a radical Muslim group was arrested here on Saturday by the NIA for alleged involvement in the chopping off of the palm of a college professor seven years ago.
Hadiya, earlier known as Akhila, was a homeopathy student in Kerala when she converted to Islam and changed her name.
The RSS on Friday demanded a judicial probe into the "political killings" of its workers in Kerala, alleging that they were aimed at containing its expansion in the state.
The NIA is following a lead based on a case registered in March against eight IS supporters who held a secret meeting in Kanakamala near Kannur. Barring one, the rest have been arrested.
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- Congress hails Supreme Court's judgement against triple talaq
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- Disha Patani's oops moment at LFW averted, thanks to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff!
- When Aishwarya Rai had agreed to work with former boyfriend Salman Khan
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa