Kolkata: In a shocking find, a pregnant woman, on an outing with her daughter, found a deep-fried lizard in a serving of fries at a McDonald's outlet in the city.
Priyanka Moitra and her four-year-old daughter, whose birthday was on Tuesday, went to a McDonald's outlet situated on the EM Bypass to celebrate the day.
The mother-daughter duo ordered burgers and fries, and noticed the lizard while eating their food.
Moitra immediately felt sick and reported the incident to the manager.
"When I told the outlet manager about the incident, he showed a careless attitude and left with just a sorry," The Times of India quoted Priyanka as saying.
She then clicked a picture of the deep-fried lizard and reported the incident at the Phulbagan police station.
She also told news agency ANI: "I am six-month pregnant. What if my child or I would have eaten the food with that fried lizard? A lot of negligence on McDonald's part. That is why, I have filed a FIR."
Meanwhile, Priyanka's husband Sanjay Moitra expressed shock over the incident. "I'm concerned about my family's health. My wife is pregnant. How can McDonald's be so careless? As soon as I heard about the incident, I contacted Delhi and Kolkata's McDonald's office, but they didn't bother. There's been no apology, they just want us to send it to them for analysis."