Asia Cup T20, Match 8: Bangladesh vs Pakistan - As it happened...
In the 8th match of 2016 Asia Cup Twenty20, hosts Bangladesh beat Pakistan by five wickets at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur to reach the final of the tournament.
Over 19 || Score 126/5 (Mortaza 12, Mahmudullah 17)
Sami to bowl the penultimate over. Single off the first ball. Two more singles off the next two. Fourth ball, a foot no ball, and two more runs. Free Hit, came a single. Ten came a double off the fifth ball. Last ball, another no ball and came a boundary. Single off the last ball. Ban need 3 runs from 6 balls to win the match.
Over 18 || Score 112/5 (Mortaza 8, Mahmudullah 9)
After a short team meeting, Mohammad Amir has been given the ball. Shakib clean bowled! Mashrafe Mortaza, the new man in, then hit the bowler for consecutive boundaries. Ban need 18 runs from 12 balls.
Shakib Al Hasan b Mohammad Amir 8 (23m 13b)
Over 15 || Score 90/4 (Shakib 3, Mahmudullah 1)
Shoaib Malik to bowl his first over. Malik got the wicket of Mushfiqur as the batsmen missed the line while playing an over ambitious reverse sweep and umpire raised his finger straight away. Mahmudullah joined Shakib in the middle.
Mushfiqur Rahim lbw b Shoaib Malik 12 (28m 15b)
Over 14 || Score 87/3 (Mushfiqur 12, Shakib 1)
Mohammad Amir is back, he can still turn the tables for Pakistan. Sarkar Out! What a ball, a perfect yorker and Sarkar got clean bowled. Veteran Shakib Al Hasan came in to bat. Five from the over along with the wicket.
Soumya Sarkar b Mohammad Amir 48 (63m 48b)
Having registered resounding back-to-back victories, hosts Bangladesh are expected to put up a tough fight against Pakistan despite the absence of their main strike bowler Mustafizur Rahaman.
It will be a must-win game for both teams aiming to make it to the finals of the continental championship ahead of the ICC World T20.
Especially for Bangladesh, who despite their recent exploits in the ODI circuit, are still not taken very seriously in the shortest format.
For Mashrafe Mortaza and his men, it will be an opportunity to prove their critics wrong and also gain the much needed confidence required before boarding the flight to India for the global event.
Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Shahid Afridi (c), Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Khurram Manzoor, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Irfan, Wahab Riaz, Imad Wasim, Khalid Latif, Iftikhar Ahmed, Anwar Ali
Nurul Hasan (wk), Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Taskin Ahmed, Al-Amin Hossain, Abu Hider, Mohammad Mithun, Arafat Sunny, Nasir Hossain, Imrul Kayes
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened