Debate on Una incident in Parliament: As it happened
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Thursday held a discussion on the sensitive issue of recent atrocities against Dalits in Gujarat's Una town.
Even after 69 years of independence, members of Dalit community haven't got half of the socio-economic benefits, says Mayawati.
When BJP came to power with full majority in 2014, we had hoped that they will address Dalit issue. Even bill hasn't been passed yet, she adds.
On one hand, BJP did a lot of things to celebrate Ambedkar Jayanti and assured Dalits that they will do a lot to celebrate it. On the other hand, Dalits still do not have reservation rights in the private sector," she further says.
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Amarnath Yatra: High-level security meet held in Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Yogi Adityanath, CM of Uttar Pradesh
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- Vishu Bumper 2017: Kerala lottery result declared; winner gets Rs 4 crore as first prize - Check winning ticket numbers here
- Vivek Oberoi's gift to acid attack survivor Lalita Benbansi on her wedding day will melt your heart!
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result