I-League: Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal - As it happened...
New Delhi: The Kolkata derby is not just the biggest game in Indian football but the whole of Asia as well. Here is how the all the action in the 313th derby unfolded on Saturday.
The I- League's first derby this season ended in a 1-1 draw at the Vivekananda Yuva Bharati Krirangan.
Both goals came in the second half after a disappointing first-half that lacked fluidity and offensive brilliance from either side.
Indian football's record goalscorer Ranti Martins put the Red and Gold brigade ahead with a lovely volley. The Mariners canceled that out with a superb header from Cornell Glen.
Mohun Bagan now have seven points from 3 games, while East Bengal have 5.
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- 'Baahubali' Prabhas will be seen in a Bollywood film with Tamannaah Bhatia?
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why