Mulayam expels Akhilesh, Ram Gopal Yadav: As it happened
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday expelled his son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav from the party for six years for "indulging in anti-party activities".
A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh after the ongoing war in the ruling SP turned for worse on Friday with expulsion of CM Akhilesh Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav.
Officials said instructions have been sent to all District Magistrates and police chiefs following protests by Akhilesh supporters. Security meanwhile has been beefed up outside the SP headquarters in the state capital, the Chief Minister's residence, and the house of party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
In a letter to party leaders, the party`s Uttar Pradesh chief Shivpal Singh Yadav says the convention was unconstitutional and that they should not travel to the state capital for it or sign any papers with regard to it. He went on to state that anyone from the party who would be participating in the meeting will be considered working against the party and face action.
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...