E K Palaniswami sworn-in as new Tamil Nadu chief minister: As it happened
Chennai: Edappadi K Palaniswami, the general secretary of the AIADMK party and a close confidante of VK Sasikala, was on Thursday sworn-in as the new chief minister of Tamil Nadu, ending weeks of political turmoil over the post.
Governor C Vidyasagar Rao administered the oath of office.
Palaniswami was sworn -in along with 30 other cabinet ministers.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court had found VK Sasikala guilty in the DA case and ordered her to serve a jail sentence.
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- 'Baahubali' Prabhas will be seen in a Bollywood film with Tamannaah Bhatia?
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court