Bhopal: The Congress on Wednesday won bypoll to Kolaras seat.
Congress party's Mahendra Singh Yadav defeated BJP's Devendra Kumar Jain.
Here are the updates:
- Congress wins Kolaras. Congress party's Mahendra Singh Yadav defeats BJP's Devendra Kumar Jain by 8,083 votes. The Congress polls 82,515 votes and the BJP 74,432 votes.
- Congress is back to taking the lead stop in Kolaras, ahead by 1179 votes in round 9 of the vote count. In total, the party is ahead by 3328 votes.
- Turning the table in Kolaras, BJP candidate Devendra Jain takes lead from Congress' Mahendra Singh Yadav, surges ahead by 377 votes in round 7.
- In Kolaras, Congress' Mahendra Singh Yadav ahead by 2250 votes after round 5 of the vote count.
- Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Yadav is ahead of BJP's Devendra Jain by over 1200 votes after the fourth round.
- In Kolaras, Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Yadav is leading against the BJP contender Devendra Jain by over 750 votes.
- As the counting of votes in underway in Kolaras, the Madhya Pradesh budget will be presented by state Finance Minister Jayant Mallaiya.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will be presenting the state Budget today.
- The second round of vote count ends in Kolaras. Congress candidate is ahead of the BJP contender by 297 votes.
As per the trends, the vote share between the candidates is:
- Congress’s Mahendra Singh Yadav: 3,295
- BJP’s Devendra Jain: 2,998
- In early rounds of the vote count in Kolaras, Congress candidate Mahendra Yadav is ahead of against BJP candidate Devendra Jain by 514 votes.
- In Kolaras, Congress candidate Mahendra Yadav is ahead of BJP candidate Devendra Jain by 832 votes. The counting of votes in Kolaras is expected to conclude by evening.
- After first round of vote count in Kolaras, the Congress is leading against the BJP by 832 votes. Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Yadav has bagged 3,544 votes and the BJP has gained 2,835 votes.