Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Sunday that he had always tried doing a lot for farmers.
Madhya Pradesh News
No major violence was reported from the state and curfew was lifted from three of the four police station areas in Mandsaur district, the epicentre of the farmers' agitation.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan appeals to the farmers to come forward and discuss their grievances.
Congress also dubbed Chouhan's fast as mere "nautanki" (drama).
The wholesale agriculture market in Mandsaur, one of the largest in Madhya Pradesh, wore a deserted look as agitating farmers stayed away from it for the 10th day today, leading to losses running into several crore rupees.
The violent protest has later spread to neighbouring districts of Neemuch, Indore, Khargone, Ujjain, Shahjanhanpur, Sehore, Raisen and Harda in the last few days.
Amid spiralling protest by Madhya Pradesh farmers, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday began his indefinite fast.
A Congress MLA from Madhya Pradesh was caught on camera purportedly inciting party workers and farmers to burn down a police station here.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday reached out to protesting farmers inviting them for talks to iron out the differences as Madsaur reels under violent protest by farmers over demands for cost-based returns for their produce.
The farmers in western Madhya Pradesh, particularly Mandsaur and Dewas districts, have been protesting for a week now, demanding debt relief and better crop prices.
An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) team on Friday left for Madhya Pradesh`s Mandsaur to meet the families of the farmers who were killed in police firing.
The electricity distribution company in the region has been snapping power supply to farmers if they fail to pay the monthly bills instantly.
AAP leaders including Bhagwat Mann, Ashutosh and Sanjay Singh are planning to visit the district that was hit by farmers' agitation after five were shot dead in police firing.
Delhi BJP spokesperson Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga on Friday posted a video which shows a Congress MLA urging her supporters to burn a local police station in Madhya Pradesh.
Three children of a family, including a girl drowned in a pond in Madhya Pradesh`s Shahdol district late on Thursday.
As many as ten police jawans were injured after their bus overturned in Madhya Pradesh`s Shajapur district on Friday.
The Congress Party on Friday condemned Thursday's detention of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Madhya Pradesh, dubbing the whole incident as 'undemocratic'.
Curfew will be relaxed in the Mandsaur district and other areas of Madhya Pradesh as situation continues to improve, days after farmers' death due to police firing triggered violence in the region.
Mandsaur District Collector Om Prakash Srivastava has assured that the curfew would be relaxed for longer hours on Friday in the violence-hit district .
Farmer protests on Thursday spilled over to new areas of Madhya Pradesh.
Quota agitation leader Hardik Patel on Thursday condemned the alleged police action against protesting agriculturists in Madhya Pradesh and is likely to visit Mandsaur - the epicentre of the farmers' stir - on June 12.
Farmers in Mandsaur have been protesting since June 1 demanding loan waiver and better crop prices. Five farmers were killed in police firing on Tuesday as the agitation turned violent.
Terming Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's visit to Mandsaur as a "photo opportunity", the BJP on Thursday accused the Opposition party of "fuelling violence" in the farmers' protests.
The death toll from an explosion at a firecracker factory in central India has risen to 25, an official said Thursday, after five workers succumbed to their injures overnight.
As western Madhya Pradesh reels under violent protest by farmers over loan waiver and better price for their produce, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday said the state government was open for a dialogue to iron out the differences and once again appealed them to maintain peace.
Farmers in Madhya Pradesh have been on strike since June 1 demanding that their loans be scrapped and their produce be bought at a fair price.
he Madhya Pradesh government on Thursday transferred the District Magistrates of three violence-hit districts -- Mandsaur, Ratlam and Neemuch -- over the growing agitation by farmers, while the Mandsaur Police Superintendent was also transferred.
Venkaiah Naidu dismissed the Congress' demand that CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan step down from his post in view of the deaths of five protesting farmers in police firing.
Contingents of Rapid Action Force (RAF) were today deployed in Mandsaur which has been on the boil since the violence two days ago.
he Madhya Pradesh farmers hit the streets protesting over their demands for remunerative prices for their produce and a farm loan waiver not being met.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens