he Madhya Pradesh farmers hit the streets protesting over their demands for remunerative prices for their produce and a farm loan waiver not being met.
Madhya Pradesh News
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said that he won't return without meeting the kin of five farmers killed in police firing in Mandsaur shortly after he was arrested for trying to defy ban orders imposed by the Madhya Pradesh government.
Continuing on the warpath, farmers on Wednesday resorted to violence and arson in western Madhya Pradesh despite prohibitory measures.
A day after Madhya Pradesh Home Minister denied reports of firing by local police on agitating farmers in Mandsaur, the IG (Law and Order) Makrand Devaskar admitted that police resorted to firing to gain control of the rioting mob during the protest at the Madhya Pradesh.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday alleged there was a "conspiracy" behind the ongoing agitation of farmers in Madhya Pradesh, and asked Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to refrain from "politicising the death of farmers" in the state.
At least 18 persons were killed and 10 others injured in an powerful explosion in a firecracker factory in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Wednesday apprised of the situation in Mandsaur after which he chaired a meeting with senior ministers to discuss the situation in the Madhya Pradesh city.
Veteran actor Nana Patekar's efforts to help farmers in Maharashtra are well known.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday apprised Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah of the situation in Mandsaur over phone.
Agitating farmers in Mandsaur on Wednesday intensified their ongoing protest a day after five persons were killed in police firing.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi may on Wednesday visit Madhya Pradesh`s Mandsaur, where at least five farmers were killed in police firing, said party sources.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan blamed the opposition party for instigating the violence.
Samajwadi Party chief and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday announced financial assistance of Rs. 2 lakh for the kin of the deceased farmers in Mandsaur incident.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Tuesday that his government stood with farmers.
At least three farmers were killed and four others were wounded after the Madhya Pradesh Police opened fire in an attempt to control a rioting mob demanding fair price and loan waiver in Mandsaur district on Tuesday.
The Madhya Pradesh farmers on Sunday ended their strike after talks with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan are successful.
Bhanwari Devi was abducted from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011 and murdered.
Congress on Friday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
A protest by farmers in Sardarpur town in the district turned violent this morning as six motorcycles were set on fire and two shops were damaged after an argument broke out between the agitating farmers and shopkeepers over keeping the shops shut, police said.
Farmers have been on strike since Thursday to demand loan waiver and fair price for their produce.
A gang of robbers today looted Rs 30 lakh from cash van of a cooperative bank near Lodhni village in the district, police said.
Manjula Devak was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her room at 7:38 pm in Nalanda Apartments in the IIT-Delhi campus on Tuesday.
Gas leaked on December 3, 1984 in Bhopal killed at least 3,000 people within 72 hours, and causing long-term morbidity and mortality.
Youth workers of the Congress and the BJP clashed in Baldevbagh locality on Wednesday when the saffron activists tried to storm the Youth Congress' office with a portrait of cow in protest against the slaughtering of a calf in Kerala recently.
Twelve persons were arrested and extra security forces deployed in the Madhya Pradesh capital on Wednesday, after communal clashes broke out in the city on Tuesday night that saw rival groups resort to stone pelting and arson over a religious dispute. Internet services have been shut to prevent rumours being spread through social media.
This video shows an elephant eating 'paan' in Madhya Pradesh's Sagar town.
As the tractor overturned, the passengers got trapped under it leading to the death of 11 of them.
People in Damoh, around 250 km from Bhopal, found the woman's body on Wednesday morning.
In a tragic incident, at least six pilgrims were killed and 28 others injured when a bus carrying them turned turtle in Dindori district in Madhya Pradesh on Saturday.
As many as eight children fell sick on Saturday and were rushed to the hospital after consuming a mid-day meal in which a lizard was found.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Mumbai suffers from water logging due to monsoon rains
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- Modi in US: Donald Trump knows Indo-American job creators back PM Modi
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- LIVE: Eliminating terrorism is top priority for both nations: PM Modi at joint media address with President Trump
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar