The Election Commission (EC) on Saturday disqualified senior Madhya Pradesh minister Narottam Mishra for filing wrong accounts of election expenditure.
Madhya Pradesh News
According to Khan, villagers had informed that some carcasses were lying scattered in Hatupura and Matkora areas.
The Madhya Pradesh authorities on Thursday decided to withdraw the sedition charges slapped on 15 Muslims who were arrested for allegedly shouting pro-Pakistan slogans and bursting crackers after the neighbouring country's victory over India in the finals of ICC Champions Trophy.
The Madhya Pradesh Government on Wednesday suspended two top officials, including former Mandsaur`s District Collector Swatantra Kumar Singh and Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Tripathi, for failing to control the famers` agitation that resulted into police firing on June 6.
In Dhamna village of Narsinghpur district, 65-year-old farmer Laxmi Gumasta allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at his home this morning, the police said.
The Madhya Pradesh Police have arrested at least 15 people who were shouting pro-Pakistan slogans after India's crushing defeat in the Champions Trophy finals.
Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Ajay Singh aka Rahul Bhaiyya was caught on camera slapping a party worker during a protest in Sagar area.
Bansi Lal, 54, committed suicide by hanging himself at his home in Jamunia Khurd village, falling under the jurisdiction of Doraha police station, police said.
The loss of the bag came to light around 5.30 AM yesterday when AK Selvaraj woke up and found his bag missing, they said.
"The condition of farmers, youth and other sections of the society has become pitiable under BJP's 13 and a half years' rule," Nath told reporters.
Farmers in Madhya Pradesh blocked the national highways passing through the state on Friday to press for loan waiver and remunerative prices for farm produce.
"Nine days on, 45 FIRs against protesting farmers, but not one against those who murdered six farmers in cold blood in Mandsaur.
The Devendra Fadnavis-led government on Sunday announced a loan-waiver for farmers and decided to form a committee to work out the debt-relief criteria.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday visited Mandsaur where six people were killed in police action.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday reached Mandsaur, the hub of the recent farmers' agitation.
Jyotiraditya Scindia and Hardik Patel were on Tuesday turned back by the police before they could enter Mandsaur.
Jyotiraditya Scindia was on Tuesday arrested along with some party leaders while on way to Mandsaur.
Hardik Patel, who had led the agitation for Gujarat's Patel community, and his supporters were detained in Madhya Pradesh’s Neemuch district while on their way to Mandsaur, the epi-center of last week’s violent farmers’ agitation.
After Karera MLA Shakuntala Khatik, another Congress leader has been caught on camera threatening to set the entire Mandi on fire in the Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
The Madhya Pradesh authorities on Tuesday registered an FIR against Karera Congress MLA Shakuntala Khatik who was caught on camera inciting a mob to set on fire a police station in protest against killing of five farmers in police firing in Mandsaur.
Days after a violent farmers' agitation in Madhya Pradesh, a video surfaced today in which a state Congress leader is purportedly seen threatening that Satna district farmers led by party leader Ajay Singh will "fire bullets at the state government".
Curfew was lifted completely from Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district on Monday.
The Congress on Monday said Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should have met the families of those killed in Mandsaur police firing instead of resorting to the "drama" of going on a "seven-star fast".
Taking a dig at Shivraj Singh Chouhan for going on a hunger strike, the Shiv Sena today said the Madhya Pradesh chief minister used Gandhian means to quell the farmers' movement even as his party president described Mahatma Gandhi as a "chatur baniya".
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday ended his day-old indefinite fast which he started here for the restoration of peace in his state rocked by violence during a farmers` agitation.
Swaraj India chief Yogendra Yadav, social activists Medha Patkar, Swami Agnivesh and JNUSU president Mohit Kumar Pandey were detained by the police on Sunday when they were trying to enter restive Mandsaur district in Madhya Pradesh to meet the deceased farmers` kin.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday ended his indefinite fast.
The Neemuch-Mandsaur MP alleged that the Congress organised this stir to divert people's attention from the recent public slaughter of a cow by Youth Congress leaders in Kerala.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Sunday that he had always tried doing a lot for farmers.
No major violence was reported from the state and curfew was lifted from three of the four police station areas in Mandsaur district, the epicentre of the farmers' agitation.
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Vodafone users can get 45GB additional 4G data for 5 months on recharge of 1GB – Know how