Despite offering freebies like books, bicycle and uniforms along with scholarships among others to enhance enrollment, Madhya Pradesh is among the top three states in the country where the percentage of out-of-school girls is the highest, according to an education status report for 2016.
Madhya Pradesh News
The Congress on Tuesday staged demonstrations across Madhya Pradesh protesting cane charge on their state chief Arun Yadav, which left him injured, and sought punishment for those responsible for the "attack".
The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a chargesheet in the Vyapam scam against four accused persons, including the candidate and solver in the Court of Special Magistrate, Gwalior.
Commenting on the ongoing protests in Katni following the transfer of Superintendent of Police (SP) Gaurav Tiwari who was investigating a Rs. 500-crore hawala racket, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday urged that the matter should be investigated by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), adding that whoever is guilty in the matter will not be spared.
The Madhya Pradesh government will organise mass 'Surya Namaskar' programme on Thursday in all schools, colleges and academic institutions across the state to mark the 154th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
A man put Rs 5 lakh in a box of sweets and gave it to the District Magistrate of Sheopur in Madhya Pradesh as a bribe, the officer, who refused to accept it, told media on Tuesday.
Madhya Pradesh government will hold mass 'Surya-Namaskar' on January 12 in all schools, colleges and academic institutions across the state to mark the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
Madhya Pradesh Government today announced major tax exemptions on purchase of point-of-sale (PoS) machines to promote cashless and digital transactions.
The victory is a shot in the arm for the BJP after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetisation move.
As many as two persons, including Congress leader Raju Mishra were shot dead by unidentified gunmen Wednesday night in Cherital area of Madhya Pradesh`s Jabalpur.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi's announcements in his speech yesterday as "transformational" for the poor, farmers, small traders, pregnant women and senior citizens.
Condemning the opposition for its stand on demonetisation, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday said it always dreams about the Prime Minister`s resignation.
Madhya Pradesh has embarked on an ambitious plan to develop 1,100 'climate-smart' villages with an aim to prepare farmers to manage the climate change risks timely and ensure good productivity.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan managed to win back RSS' confidence.
Prime Minister on Wednesday paid floral tributes to veteran BJP leader Sunderlal Patwa.
Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Sunder Lal Patwa passed away on Wednesday.
With an aim to keep Narmada free from all kinds of pollution, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged people to change their habit of conducting religious rituals in the holy river.
Here is a good news for Madhya Pradesh government employees.
The Madhya Pradesh Police on Thursday arrested two persons for printing fake Rs. 2,000 new notes in Chhatarpur`s Lavkushnagar.
A CRPF jawan from Madhya Pradesh was presented with a cheque of Rs four lakh for the bravery shown by him in a face-off with naxals in Chhattisgarh.
Ahead of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's rally in Bhopal today, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Madhya Pradesh has said it doesn't see any threat in increased activities of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the state.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convener Arvind Kejriwal is all geared up to kick-start his party's campaign for the upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections which is due next year as he will be addressing a rally in 'the city of lakes' on Tuesday.
Madhya Pradesh's ruling BJP has named new chiefs of four frontal organisations in the state.
The death toll in yesterday's accident in which a mini bus collided with an auto-rickshaw near the district headquarters here has risen to 15, as three more persons succumbed to injuries, police said today.
In a noble gesture, the government of Madhya Pradesh led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan bore all expenses of Bhopal jailbreak martyr's daughter's wedding recently.
In a bid to promote cashless transactions, the West Central Railway (WCR) has introduced point-of-sale (PoS) machines for ticket and parcel bookings at four railway stations in Madhya Pradesh.
The forest department has also decided to approach the Railways to regulate the speed of trains in the forest area.
Additional District Magistrate Ratnakar Jha on Saturday stoked a controversy by making irresponsible comments while referring to the Bhopal gas tragedy anniversary.
In a shocking incident, BJP women's wing leader Jamila Khan died after being shot by unknown assailants on Wednesday.
Seventeen children were injured, six of them seriously, when their school bus overturned near Muderi village in the district today, police said.
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Vijay Mallya loan default: CBI arrests 9, including IDBI Bank ex-chairman
- Raees promotion: Shah Rukh Khan boards train from Mumbai to Delhi
- DNA: Today in history, January 23rd 2017
- Coal scam: SC orders probe against former CBI chief Ranjit Sinha
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- DNA: Analyzing why most people do not follow traffic rules in India
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- WATCH: Kiwi batsman Neil Wagner given run-out despite reaching crease before ball hit the stumps
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Lodha vs BCCI: Adamant on age cap of 70 years, Supreme Court allows Indian board to propose three names
- 1 taxpayer owes 11% of India's individual income tax in 2014-15
- Reliance Jio increasing data download limit in Happy New Year Offer?
- Expedition 50 astronaut shares spectacular view of Budapest from space!
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- WATCH: Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq bowled over by in-form Virat Kohli