Mungantiwar's assurance came in response to Shiv Sena MLA Sunil Prabhu fears that there won't be any more checks of the vehicles at Mumbai entry points after abolition of octroi, with the GST coming into force.
As per reports, Hindu Mahasabha is constructing the memorial of Godse, the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi, at Saparde village, 6 kms from Kalyan and land has been acquired for the purpose.
National bravery award winner Nilesh Bhil and his brother Ganpat have gone missing from their residence since May 17.
"The priest Ashok Bhadage, stands suspended. We cannot tolerate such violent behaviour within the temple premises," Solapur district Collector Rajendra Bhosale told PTI.
"This is 2017. We will see in 2019 what the situation is and then take a call. In the meantime, we will expand our party in the state," the I&B minister told reporters here.
At least one person was killed and two injured after a bus met with an accident at Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road in Mumbai's Powai.
Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway closed near Vishnuprayag in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district due to a landslide.
As many as 1,251 candidates are in fray for the municipal corporation elections in Bhiwandi, Malegaon and Panvel scheduled to be held on May 24.
Nilesh Bhil, 12, received the National Bravery Award in January 2016 for saving a village boy from drowning in a water tank the previous year.
Maharashtra government has decided to form squads in a bid to curb open defecation across the state.
In a shocking incident, two teenagers were brutally thrashed, stripped and paraded naked following allegations that they tried to molest a girl studying in their school.
A 26-year-old man allegedly committed suicide hours before his wedding ceremony in the district, police said on Friday.
To enhance the service delivery of police to the public state, police has introduced a course in emotional intelligence in the training.
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Asim Azmi's trust has taken over Islamic International School, run by controversial preacher Zakir Naik’s banned IRF.
Picking holes in the performance of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government, the Shiv Sena today said last three years have been riddled with chaos and confusion, and holding any celebrations would mean indifference towards anguish of people, farmer deaths and soldiers' sacrifice.
Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Police have booked three persons, including two doctors, from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in a case of alleged sexual harassment of a medical practitioner while being operated upon at the hospital.
A 32-year-old man allegedly committed suicide at his house in Ojhar township near here after being harassed by his wife, police said today.
Baba Ramdev, biggest global evangelist of Hindu traditions of Yoga and Ayurveda.
The flight operations at the airport remained normal and unaffected, the official said.
"Our focus is on improving passenger experience. Through these measures, we have fulfilled the long-standing demand of the commuters," he said after inaugurating the projects through video-conferencing at the Rail Bhavan here.
The decision was taken in the weekly cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis here.
This story is extremely heartbreaking and touching as well!
The police revealed that the conspiracy to murder Priyanka was hatched before her marriage.
The police laid a trap and nabbed all of them.
Uddhav Thackeray in a meeting had directed party MLAs to visit drought-hit areas in their constituencies and meet the farmers.
A "suspected" bird hit forced a Jet Airways flight to return shortly after it took off from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport here on Friday morning.
The BJP in Maharashtra will launch a 'sanvad yatra' from May 25 to reach out to the people, including farmers, and counter the Opposition's recently held 'sangharsh' campaign.
The development comes after the Enforcement Directorate in March attached the properties of Naik's Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) worth Rs 18.37 crore.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Mumbai suffers from water logging due to monsoon rains
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- Modi in US: Donald Trump knows Indo-American job creators back PM Modi
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- LIVE: Eliminating terrorism is top priority for both nations: PM Modi at joint media address with President Trump
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar