Mumbai; Heavy rains coupled with thunder and lightning lashed the metropolis this afternoon, slowing down movement of vehicular traffic and suburban trains, and bringing back memories of torrential
Maharashtra's former chief minister Narayan Rane on Tuesday accused the Congress of reneging on the promise of making him the CM, a day after he ranted against the party over "injustice" done to him and his supporters.
Heavy rains coupled with thunder and lightning lashed Mumbai on Tuesday afternoon.
A National Investigation Court (NIA) court on Tuesday granted bail to Sudhakar Chaturvedi and Sudhakar Dwivedi in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
Iqbal Kaskar, the brother of fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and two others who were arrested by the Crime Branch of the Mumbai Police on Monday, were sent to police custody for eight days by a court here
Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut castigated the BJP-led governments in Maharashtra and at the Centre.
Dawood Ibrahim's younger brother Iqbal Kaskar was deported from the United Arab Emirates in 2003.
Dr Amrapurkar went missing after getting out of his car which was stuck in a traffic jam and walking home along a waterlogged street near the Elphinstone Road station on August 29.
The weather department on Sunday issued a warning of heavy rainfall in Mumbai and the coastal Konkan region in the next three days.
The Maharashtra government has directed all police stations in the state to complete inquiries into farmers' suicides within a month from occurrence of such an incident.
Police have arrested a medical practitioner from city last evening for allegedly raping a nurse repeatedly.
The Shiv Sena on Saturday dubbed a cabinet sub-committee formed by the Maharashtra government to look into the issue of Maratha reservation as a "timepass" and sought to know why justice has not been meted out to the community despite several road shows in the state.
A 29-year-old jawan of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon here this morning, an official said.
A fire broke out at a godown in Dharavi on Friday morning
The incident came to light on Friday when a resident became suspicious and scanned the building's CCTV footage.
7-year-old Pradyuman Thakur was found with his throat slit in the washroom of Ryan school last Friday.
The man gradually gained confidence of the woman by chatting with her and some days later called her up saying he had arrived at the airport in New Delhi.
The police on Thursday arrested a 40-year-old man for allegedly raping a physically-challenged woman following which she became pregnant.
While the much-talked about Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project has been widely welcomed, BJP's ally in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena, has strongly condemned what it calls an 'unnecessary' project.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe on Thursday will lay the foundation stone of India's first bullet train in Gujarat's Ahmedabad.
After a brief break, heavy rains lashed Mumbai Tuesday night but no untoward incident was reported so far, a senior civic official said.
A 20-year-old medical student committed suicide by hanging herself in Mumbai`s Nair Hospital Hostel.
BJP corporator Daya Gaikwad has been accused of raping a woman from Thane, said reports on Wednesday.
The motive behind the killing is tentatively believed to be previous enmity between Pugaliya and Kotnake, and further investigations are underway.
BJP ally Shiv Sena has now claimed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had offered NCP chief Sharad Pawar's daughter Supriya Sule a berth in his cabinet.
Nanded-Waghala Municipal Corporation (NWMC) may become the first one in Maharashtra to use Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) machines for its polls, if Electronic Corporation of India (ECI) supplies them on time, said officials in the State Election Commission.
A woman allegedly committed suicide after strangulating her 7-year-old twins in Kharigaon locality of Kalwa as she was reportedly upset over their illness, the police said.
In an another setback to the self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa, a Mumbai court dismissed her application requesting removal of her name from a domestic violence case filed against her.
Maharashtra hero, the late Col. Santosh Mahadik`s widow Swati Mahadik was on Saturday commissioned into the Indian Army as a Lieutenant, officials said.
The Navi Mumbai Police and the Railway Protection Force ( RPF) are taking help of the Global Positioning System ( GPS) so that the culprit can be nabbed and the child is rescued soon.
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- Watch: Marshal of the Indian Air Force (Late) Arjan Singh's state funeral
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh laid to rest with full state honours
- Arrested Al-Qaeda terrorist's Rohingya connection discovered
- Pakistan a terror-manufacturing unit: India at UN
- Ryan International School, Gurugram reopens today after 7-year-old's murder
- Refugees or terrorists: This is how Pak is using Rohingyas against India
- Shocking! Two students kept hostage at Jagdalpur school
- Ivanka Trump meets External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
- Yogi Adityanath, deputy CMs take oath as MLCs
- Ground report: Ceasefire violations wreaking havoc in Jammu villages
- Thane court sends Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar to 8-day police custody
- Five months after suspending the process of H-1B visas, US resumes operation
- Rohingyas a serious security threat, residing in India illegally: Centre tells SC
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Manish Tewari posted abusive tweet against PM Modi on Sonia, Rahul instruction: BJP
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Dean Jones gets brutally trolled for his 'India needed rain to win' tweet
- MS Dhoni catches up on sleep at Chennai airport, Twitter is in love
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- Pakistan a terror manufacturing unit: India at UN
- 'Ghumane waala daal': Stump mic reveals how MS Dhoni leads Team India from behind
- Can Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar be a part of TKSS again? Kapil Sharma’s response will make you happy
- Yuzvendra Chahal takes a dig at Steve Smith, says two new balls were an 'advantage' for Australia
- Virat Kohli is responsible for MS Dhoni's recent transformation, says Sourav Ganguly
- Rohingyas are a serious security threat, staying in India illegally, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Maya Kodnani was not present in Naroda Gam on day of riots: Amit Shah tells court
- Ryan student murder case: I saw Pradyuman's blood-stained bag, bottle, says traumatised classmate
- Suspected ISI agent arrested for threatening woman colonel