The gruelling campaign for civic polls in Mumbai and nine other cities across Maharashtra ended this evening, with the BJP Shiv Sena rift casting a shadow over the stability of the Devendra Fadnavis government.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today said the outcome of the local body elections currently underway in the state will weigh on the future of his cabinet composition as some ministers will be promoted while others relieved according to BJP's performance in their areas.
Four persons were charred to death and two others received severe burn injuries in a major fire that broke out on Sunday at a godown in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in the district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his birth anniversary on Sunday expressing his gratitude to the Maratha warrior for having taken birth here.
"The preparatory work to conduct the election is almost complete," said a senior official entrusted with the electoral work.
Warning that midterm assembly elections in Maharashtra were "inevitable", Nationalist Congress Party president Sharad Pawar on Saturday said there was no question of his party propping up the Bharatiya Janata Party-Shiv Sena alliance in the state.
Former Member of Parliament from Nagpur Jambuwantrao Dhote passed away on Saturday morning following a cardiac arrest.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had stopped thinking of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a "marketable face" after the demonetisation.
BJP today expressed confidence that it will lead the seat tally in the first phase of Zilla Parishad and Panchayat Samiti elections in Maharashtra.
The 11 non-Marathi speaking candidates of MNS include Gujaratis, Catholics, Muslims, North Indians and South Indians.
A constable was severely injured on Friday after he was allegedly assaulted and pushed down from a footover bridge by a group of drunk miscreants at Nalla Sopara railway station here, police said.
Eight persons including a local Shiv Sena leader were injured after they were allegedly attacked by an armed mob of 50 people in Koravale village in Murbad taluka here, district police said on Friday.
Manoj Tiwari, the Lok Sabha member from Delhi North-East, has been campaigning for the BJP in Mumbai for the upcoming BMC polls.
Around 69 per cent voting was registered in the first phase of elections to zilla parishads (ZPs) and panchayat samitis held in Maharashtra on Thursday.
The NIA today told the Bombay High Court that the probe conducted by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in the September 2008 Malegaon blast case was "incoherent and riddled with loopholes".
Officials said Gazdar, director in certain firms under scanner in this case, was arrested late evening by the Enforcement Directorate under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
A hotel owners association has filed a petition in Bombay High Court challenging an order of state Excise department declaring dry days from the evening of February 19 to 21 and on February 23, due to the civic polls.
Bombay High Court today directed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to remove forthwith all hoardings, banners and advertisements put up illegally by parties or their members and initiate action against them.
Cashew, mango and coconut plantation over 500 acres was gutted after dry hay caught fire at a village in Sindhudurg district, disaster management officials said on Thursday.
In a scathing attack on Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis alleging poor law and order situation in his home turf Nagpur, the Shiv Sena today said the city must be saved from the clutches of the BJP and wondered if the city is on its way to become the "crime capital of the world."
After a BJP functionary wrote to the State Election Commission demanding ban on publication of Shiv Sena mouthpiece 'Saamana' on three days, latter's national president Uddhav Thackeray has compared the situation to 'Emergency'.
As many as 11,989 candidates are in fray for the 2,567 seats of 15 Zilla Parishads and 165 panchayat samitis in Maharashtra, polling for which is underway on Thursday.
As many as 11,989 candidates are in fray for the 2,567 seats of 15 Zilla Parishads and 165 panchayat samitis.
At a time when Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is building BJP's campaign for civic polls on a transparency plank and his clean image, Shiv Sena today claimed he was indicted by a probe panel for "corruption" during his stint as Nagpur mayor in 2001.
Equating BJP to a bank which offers good returns to investors, Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis today said his party stands for progress and development and anyone casting vote in its favour will "earn interest" in the form of development.
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday said Maharashtra's progress and prosperity are pointless when 50 percent of children in the state are malnourished and below the poverty line.
After parking his car in the basement, Mhatre was moving towards his house when he was shot by two men.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray has said he has no enmity with Prime Minister Narendra Modi but he has the right to speak his mind.
The Central Railway (CR) will run total 52 superfast weekly special trains to Sainagar Shirdi from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and Dadar stations here to clear extra rush of passengers during the summer season, a statement said today.
Calling the NCP a "confused" party, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday said that in the civic polls next week, the Sharad Pawar-led party will be defeated by BJP in Pune and neighbouring Pimpri Chinchwad.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- DNA: NonStop News
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch