The Congress on Monday said it will not extend support to the Shiv Sena for the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation mayoral election, explaining "it is more important for the party to fight communal forces".
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has issued fresh summons, also possibly the last, to controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik in connection with its money laundering probe case against him and others.
In a shameful incident, a drunk businessman molested two air hostesses of Jet Airways on Mumbai-Nagpur flight.
Harbour line services were halted on the Central Railways line after three wagons and brake van of a goods train derailed between Ravli and Kurla here.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday said his party will join hands with the Congress in all the municipal corporations and Zilla Parishads in Maharashtra, where elections were held recently.
Shiv Sena, which is identified with the 'Hindutva' ideology, has managed to make inroads in city's two Muslim pockets with the winning candidates calling the saffron party as their "true well wisher".
A Colonel retired from the 25 Madras Regiment has come all the way from Canada to attend the wedding of his former sahayak's son.
At least 18 persons have been nabbed from Goa and Nagpur by the Thane City Police in connection with an Army exam question paper that was leaked prior to an Army exam.
A total of 12 activists belonging to Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and the Students' Federation of India (SFI) were today arrested in connection with the clash on the campus of Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
With no party securing clear mandate in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation elections, Shiv Sena, the single largest party, today expressed confidence that it would still bag the Mayor's post.
Shiv Sena's Surendra Bagalkar, who lost the BMC polls from ward 220 to BJP's Atul Shah in a draw of lots, today said the court has the authority to open five "tender votes" which may help change the poll outcome.
The BJP gained hugely in nine other major civic bodies of Maharashtra as well.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Saturday reiterated that Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) should join hands post the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) polls.
A senior Congress leader confirmed to IANS that the Shiv Sena did approach the party for an alliance in Mumbai, but the party did not show interest.
State Congress chief Ashok Chavan said that NCP and Congress would support each other in the Zilla Parishads.
In the fiercely contested BMC polls, the ruling BJP finished close second to Shiv Sena.
While Shiv Sena emerged on the top with 84 seats, BJP was a close second at 82, and claiming the support of at least four independents, announced it would stake claim to the key post of Mayor.
Nine persons were arrested following an incident of stone-pelting and ransacking of vehicles that led to a delay in counting of votes at a ward in the Nashik civic body
BJP's stunning victory in the crucial Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections 2017, results of which were announced on Thursday, has raised the possibility of a post-alliance with its estranged ally Shiv Sena for control over the country's richest civic body.
After suffering a rout in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections, the Congress party on Friday said it will introspect on the reasons for the loss and added that course correction will be undertaken by the grand old party.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday scored a resounding victory in Maharashtra civic polls by bagging eight of the ten municipalities and made giant strides in the Shiv Sena citadel of Mumbai, where it won 82 seats in the fiercely fought Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
The Bharatiya Janata Party and Shiv Sena on Thursday finished neck-to-neck in the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation polls.
Maharashtra Congress chief Ashok Chavan today attributed BJP's success in the civic bodies and zilla parishads elections to its "malpractice rather than merit".
Mumbai Regional Congress Committee President Sanjay Nirupam on Thursday offered to resign from his post.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged victorious in the Maharashtra civic polls.
While BJP made a strong comeback after initially trailing in the recently held BMC elections 2017, the results of which were declared on Thursday, it got a shot in the arm after one of its candidates emerged victorious through a lottery draw.
Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) today conceded that the results so far for the ten municipal corporations, 25 Zilla Parishads and 283 Panchayat Samitis across the state have signalled a setback for the party.
While congratulating Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders for the outstanding result in the Municipality Maharashtra Civic polls.
Taking responsibility of the poor performance of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in her constituency, Parli, Maharashtra`s Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde on Thursday offered to resign from her post.
Fed up of being mocked, Daulatram Jogawat, the 58-year-old police inspector with Neemuch Police in Madhya Pradesh, is now contemplating sending a notice to Mumbai-based columnist and author Shobhaa De for posting his picture on Twitter.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy