Activists of Sambhaji Brigade and Shiv Sena allegedly indulged in a scuffle before the staging of play "Hey Ram Nathuram" at a theatre here, sources said on Sunday.
The ED has issued summons to Zakir Naik as part of its probe against the controversial preacher and his Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) under anti-money laundering laws.
Fissures in the Mumbai Congress once again surfaced to the fore with AICC General Secretary Gurudas Kamat informing his supporters that he has withdrawn himself from poll campaign and selection of candidates and blamed MRCC chief Sanjay Nirupam's "negative attitude" for it.
Amid uncertainty over formation of alliance for BMC polls, Shiv Sena on Thursday tried to steal a march over BJP by announcing sops including waiver of property tax for small tenements if voted back to power, only to be countered by the combative ally which said the civic body has no right to levy street tax until roads are rid of potholes.
A bomb strapped to a motorcycle had exploded in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing seven people and injuring around 100.
The direct transfer of money into bank accounts of children was recommended by Finance Department.
As the deadlock over the pre-poll ties continues, the BJP has sought 114 seats to contest for the Mumbai civic body polls in alliance with the Shiv Sena, party MP Anil Desai said, after the second round of talks between the two parties held on Wednesday.
Former Shiv Sena MP from Pune, Gajanan Babar today joined the BJP, ahead of the civic polls scheduled in Maharashtra next month.
Stressing that Maharashtra has started changing under the BJP, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today appealed to people to show "opponents of development" their place even as he hailed the proposed Mumbai-Nagpur superhighway, saying it will make farmers "rich".
In an unfortunate incident, Shiv Sena leader Aaditya Thackeray's BMW collided with another car in Mumbai on Sunday.
In an another shocking incident, a four-year-old girl was gang-raped and then brutally murdered in the outskirts of Mumbai.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis said he regretted not giving enough time to his school-going daughter Divija due to his hectic schedule.
Dubbing the use of state machinery and money power in the run-up to the polls as "unfortunate for democracy", it asserted that no one has been able to root out Sena's influence on the masses.
Nearly 10 crore voters will exercise their franchise in a two-phased election to 10 municipal corporations, 26 Zilla Parishads and 283 Panchayat Samitis across the state, Maharashtra State Election CommissIoner (SEC) Jageshwar S. Saharia announced here on Wednesday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday launched the 7/12 utara (extract), a crucial land document, on a digital platform under Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) across state.
Nearly 10 crore voters will exercise their franchise in a two-phased election to 10 municipal corporations, 25 Zilla Parishads and 283 Panchayat Samitis across the state, Maharashtra's State Election Commissioner (SEC) Jageshwar S. Saharia announced here on Wednesday.
Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar on Wednesday said his party is 'positive' about an alliance with ally Shiv Sena, ahead of the upcoming local bodies polls, including the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
Kanwar Harshavardhan Raghav was living in Pune since the past couple of years and was a first-year management student at the Symbiosis Group of colleges.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) President Raj Thackeray on Tuesday indicated that he is "open" to offers of political alliance for the forthcoming civic elections in the state.
In a bid to forge an alliance with Shiv Sena for the upcoming elections to 10 municipal corporations and 26 Zilla Parishads, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has asked party leaders to initiate talks with their Sena counterparts to explore seat sharing possibilities.
The ruling BJP has emerged as winner in the just-concluded four-phase elections in 191 Municipal Councils and 19 Nagar Panchayats of Maharashtra, bagging 1,109 seats.
The current term of Mumbai, Thane, Bhiwandi-Nijampur, Ulhasnagar, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Nashik, Akola, Solapur, Amravati, Nagpur civic bodies will end by March 2017.
BJP also secured seven posts of municipal council president in the fourth and final phase.
The voting for the last phase of the municipal council polls in 11 nagar parishads of Maharashtra's Nagpur and Gondia districts, that began today, is currently underway.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by unidentified persons at Bhilawadi in Sangli district in western Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The BJP, which has been in power with the Shiv Sena in the civic body for over two decades now, does not want to share the anti-incumbency factor.
The court was hearing a criminal PIL filed by Anna Hazare seeking CBI inquiry into the sugar co-operative factories scam.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea, arrested in the murder case of his stepdaughter Sheena Bora, on Wednesday told a special court here that CBI was trying to malign his image.
The alleged murder of Sheena Bora came to light in 2015 when a former driver employed by the Mukerjeas confessed to the police for allegedly assisting Indrani in committing the crime.
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Today in History, 21st January, 2017
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself
- Donald Trump takes oath as US President: Top 10 quotes from his inaugural speech
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- IND vs ENG, 3rd ODI, PREVIEW: Kohli & Co target clean sweep
- BJP releases list of UP star campaigners; names of Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Vinay Katiyar missing
- Pakistan returns Indian soldier Chandu Chauhan in 'goodwill gesture'