The southwest monsoon, which has become active along the coastline of Maharashtra, has led to a heavy downpour in Mumbai and Konkan area.
In a big relief to the farmers in the state, the Maharashtra Cabinet on Saturday announced to waive off a farm loan package of Rs 37,000 crore.
Jadhav, one of the two soldiers killed in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, was cremated today on his son's first birthday.
According to the KVK data, agriculture income from this watershed area was Rs 27 crore in 2012-13 when rainfall was just 29 per cent of the annual average. In 2015-16, the income rose to Rs 42 crore when rainfall was 60 per cent. Before the watershed project, the average yearly income in the villages was Rs 77 lakh.
Ruling out any political motive to the suicide, Deshmukh said, "He killed himself over a domestic issue.
The Maharashtra Directorate of Technical Education has declared the final merit list of the MHT CET 2017 examination.
The government is in the process of laying down the criteria to determine the beneficiaries of the loan waiver.
Hundreds of farmers agitating against land acquisition on Thursday blocked a road and pelted stones and torched a police van near Kalyan in Thane in Maharashtra, police said.
A senior minister from BJP claimed that DCC banks were not cooperating in disbursal of Rs 10,000 loan to distressed farmers.
In March 2015, the high court dismissed a plea made by Chavan, who is the sitting Lok Sabha MP from Nanded, seeking deletion of his name from the case, as the Governor had refused to grant sanction.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday said yoga has the power to transmit the nature's energies to human beings and that the traditional practice helps people in handling their problems.
The Air Intelligence Unit (AIU) of the Mumbai Customs intercepted a Rajasthan based businessman here for carrying currencies of different countries and demonetised Indian notes.
The SHO said the arrested accused changed their appearances time to time and were underground for past many years to evade arrest.
With the hashtag #TrafficAnushAasan, the Mumbai cops released cartoons and merged Yoga with traffic rules to spread meaningful messages.
In a big boost for BJP, its oldest ally Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that it will support NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind in the presidential election.
A 26-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in Ulhasnagar township here after a tiff with his ex-girlfriend and 'live' streamed the final moments to her through a video call, police said today.
The court noted that a high percentage of students drop out of schools after the tenth standard as they are not able to clear Maths and language papers.
The Shiv Sena, the second largest constituent of the NDA, has had an uneasy relationship with the BJP ever since the two parties parted ways ahead of the 2014 assembly polls.
In August 2014, a 24-year-old software professional, had suffered serious injuries, when she jumped from a moving auto rickshaw in Thane after the driver allegedly tried to abduct her.
The Sena's attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) came barely 24 hours after Shah and Thackeray met in Mumbai for 75 minutes amid optimism of a thaw in the chilled relations between the two allies of nearly three decades.
“A guest delivered a baby boy at 35,000 feet. Pleased to offer newly-born a free lifetime pass for all his travel on Jet,” the airline said in a statement.
Ahead of the presidential elections, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Sunday met Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray at the latter's residence at 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday said the ruling BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in Maharashtra would complete its full five-year in office.
The sleuths have recovered 174 SIM cards, seven illegal machines used as international gateways, two computers and other electronic materials totally worth around Rs 460,000.
Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim along with Tiger Memon are the prime conspirators in the case.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said that in the rapidly changing environment, the nation`s faith in the armed forces has remained intact.
As per Telecommunication Department officials, these illegal exchanges have caused a revenue loss of Rs 15 crore to the country.
Amit Shah's earlier visit to Mumbai as BJP president did not include a trip to Shivaji Park.
The Mumbai court today convicted six persons including gangsters Mustafa Dossa and Abu Salem. In the earlier phase of trial, a hundred accused including Yakub Memon were convicted.
On the afternoon of March 12, 1993, a series of 13 blasts in quick succession went off at various locations in Mumbai city and suburbs, killing 257 people and injuring over 700 others.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- DNA: Today in History, June 24, 2017
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector, commando operation continues over 20 hours
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch