Apple iPhone7, iPhone7 Plus launched: Know the key features
Apple has unveiled two upgraded versions of its iconic iPhone –the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, with new camera technology, water resistance and other features. Check them out.
Zee Media Bureau
San Francisco: Apple has unveiled two upgraded versions of its iconic iPhone –iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus along with next-generation `Apple Watch Series 2` in a move aimed at capturing more consumers in an increasingly saturated global smartphone market.
Through Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program, customers in the US, and for the first time in the UK and China, will also be able to get an unlocked iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
Check out the key features of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
1. Water and dust resistance, dual-lens camera (in iPhone 7 Plus), a pressure-sensitive home button, 7 MP HD front camera and 12 MP rear main camera.
2. The phone will come in four colours: Jet Black, gold, silver and rose gold.
3. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB models starting at USD 649.
4. Optical image stabilisation in all new iPhones, allowing for up to 3x longer exposure.
5. Apple`s twin lens setup is wide angle and telephoto in the iPhone 7 Plus.
6. For actual, optical zoom, one lens handles 1x zoom; the other handles 2x, the report added. iPhone 7 Plus now has 10x zoom.
7. The camera app is getting a "portrait" mode that`ll use the dual-lenses and depth mapping to simulate the DSLR visual quality.
8. The device also has a quad-LED flash with 50 percent light output, and can detect/compensate for the imperceptible flickering of energy efficient lights.
9. One new feature -- which may upset some consumers -- is the removal of the headphone jack, requiring audio to be delivered via Apple`s proprietary "lightning" connector or by wireless.
10. Apple will also include an adaptor to allow consumers to use existing headphones with the iPhone.