Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google early this month unveiled its new 'Pixel' brand of phones, geared up with Google Assistant and virtual reality capabilities.
Starting at Rs, 57,000, it is available for pre-order in India starting October 13 on e-tailer website Flipkart and at over 1,000 plus multi-brand retail stores, including Reliance Digital, Croma and Vijay sales, among others.
India is among the first six countries where Pixel is being launched. Other countries are Australia, Canada, Germany, Britain, and the United States.
Here's all you need to know about the key features of Google Pixel smartphone
- The device comes in two sizes -- 5 and 5.5-inch with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protected super AMOLED display.
- Pixel is available in two -- quite black and very silver colours in India.
- Pixel is first smartphone with Google Assistant -- a built-in AI programme that works as an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator.
- With the Google Assistant, users can have a natural conversation with Google to find answers or get things done on the go.
- Say "Ok Google" or touch and hold the Home button and the Assistant is ready to help.
- Google is offering free and unlimited online storage for photos and videos -- in original quality.
- The Pixel also comes with Google Duo video calling app and messaging app Allo pre-installed.
- The device also has Pixel Imprint -- the fingerprint scanner on the back of the smartphone for quick access to all apps, texts and e-mails.
- It even allows a user to swipe it to access notifications.
- Pixel devices come with 2,770 or 3,450 mAh battery packs that can give up to seven hours of charge in just 15 minutes.
- It comes with a Type-C charging port and has retained the 3.5mm headphone jack. The device has Bluetooth 4.2.
- Pixel smartphones are fitted with Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 821 Quad core (2x 2.15 Ghz and 2x1.6 Ghz) processors and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM.
- Pixel ships with the newest Android operating system, Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Pixel Phones will get software and security updates as soon as they are available, directly from Google.