New Delhi: Ever since Mukesh Ambani unveiled the JioPhone in late July, there have been a series of speculations regarding its terms and conditions. The company has finally publicised the detailed fine print of clauses that the customers will have to stand by. The same information is present on Reliance Jio's official website.
Below is the list of most relevant clauses that you must know about.
1. JioPhone users will have to go for a recharge of atleast Rs 1,500 annually.
2. Reliance Jio's official website quotes-''The JioPhone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorized Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorized retailers for use in the JioPhone of a minimum value of Rs 1,500/- per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone."
3. Since the handset is SIM locked, the users are not allowed to use any other telecom network in it other than Jio. As per the website-'' The recipient is aware that JioPhone is being offered with a SIM-locked feature. The company may, solely at its discretion, allow the use of the JioPhone with any other compatible network from time to time.''
4. According to the official data-''The Recipient has no right to sell, lease, assign, and transfer or otherwise dispose-off the JioPhone in any manner whatsoever."
5. Customers need to be aware of following returning policy of JioPhone after being used:
- JioPhone users who return the phone after 12 months will have to pay Rs 1,500 plus GST and other applicable taxes.
- JioPhone users who want to return their device after 12 months and up to 24 months from the date of first issue of JioPhone will have to pay Rs 1,000 plus GST and other taxes.
- Those who want to return their JioPhone after 24 months and up to 36 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone will need to pay Rs 500 plus GST and other applicable taxes.
6.If in case, customer fails to meet with the terms and conditions, the company has all the rights to ask a him/her to return the handset. "The Company has the right to repossess the JioPhone if the Recipient fails to purchase recharge vouchers as per Clause 2(b) above," says the company on its website.
7. In such circumstances, user is accountable to pay the 'Early Return Charges'.
8. After the payment of early return charges, company will return the due security deposit.
9. Reliance Jio's official website states-''The JioPhone shall be returned by the Recipient to the Company on or after the expiry of thirty six months but before the expiry of thirty nine months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone. The Company will accept the return and repay the Refundable Deposit..."