New Delhi: Reliance JioPhone's delivery process that began September 24 will be completed by Diwali (October 19, 2017). Tweets from the official handle of the company reveals Reliance Jio's plan to wrap up the shipment of all six million units of the device.
While replying to a customer's query, Jio Care tweeted - “Thanks for reaching put, We have started the delivery of JioPhone in a phased manner to avoid inconvenience to our customers. Please be assured that all customers who have done the pre-booking of JioPhone will receive it by Diwali.”
Jio Care added further, “We will send you an SMS informing about the store address and oickup date as soon as it is ready for delivery. The delivery status of your JioPhone order will soon be available on 1800 890 8900.”
As per PTI reports, rural areas and small town will be given first priority over urban areas regarding feature phone deliveries.
- JioPhone users will have to go for a recharge of atleast Rs 1,500 annually.
- Reliance Jio's official website quotes-''The JioPhone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorized Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorized retailers for use in the JioPhone of a minimum value of Rs 1,500/- per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone." According to the official data-''The Recipient has no right to sell, lease, assign, and transfer or otherwise dispose-off the JioPhone in any manner whatsoever."
- Customers need to be aware of following returning policy of JioPhone after being used:
- JioPhone users who return the phone after 12 months will have to pay Rs 1,500 plus GST and other applicable taxes.
- JioPhone users who want to return their device after 12 months and up to 24 months from the date of first issue of JioPhone will have to pay Rs 1,000 plus GST and other taxes.
- Those who want to return their JioPhone after 24 months and up to 36 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone will need to pay Rs 500 plus GST and other applicable taxes.
- JioPhone is 4G VoLTE feature phone
- The device includes smart features like a voice assistant, the ability to support Jio apps like JioTV. It sports 2.4-inch QVGA display and this is a single SIM phone.
- Reliance Jio JioPhone has a SD card slot, a USB port for charging, speaker, FM Radio, torchlight, and SOS option.
- The handset also has 2MP rear camera and 0.3MP front camera.
- The processor is dual-core SPRD 9820A/QC8905 one and there’s 512MB RAM onboard, coupled with 4GB storage, which is expandable to 128GB.
- The JioPhone has a 2000 mAh battery.