Mumbai man swallows denture while eating vada pao, lands in hospital

A pipe was inserted in his stomach after which the operation was conducted.

Mumbai man swallows denture while eating vada pao, lands in hospital
Photo: Instagram/the taste test

MUMBAI: A man from Mumbai had to be operated upon soon after he ate vada pao. The man, a 77-year-old, had accidentally swallowed his own denture while eating the famous Mumbai local food leading to severe stomach ache.

He was taken to JJ hospital in Mumbai for treatment where the doctor told him that he will have to be operated upon. A pipe was inserted in his stomach after which the operation was conducted.

The doctors said that fortunately, the man did not have any cuts or perforations inside his stomach due to the tooth not resulting in any injuries.

Speaking of the scenario, the doctors claimed that often dentures loosen up over time leading to such an incident, hence people should go for regular dental check-ups.

The condition of the man is stable but will be kept on a feeding tube for 10 days as a precautionary measure to make sure there are no injuries.

This is not the first incident when a person has swallowed his own denture. 

Earlier, a 45-year-old Mumbai man had to be admitted to SevenHills Hospital in  Andheri after he accidentally swallowed his dentures while drinking water. 

In another case, a man from Nepal had to travel to Mumbai to get his denture removed, which he had accidentally swallowed, as doctors there could find a solution to the same. The 8 cm-long denture had been stuck in his food pipe.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close