A special Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA) court in Mumbai is likely to pronounce its orders against underworld don Abu Salem and others in connection with the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai on Monday.
Deepali Ganore, the wife of Mumbai Police Inspector Dyaneshwar Ganore, who was part of the team investigating the high profile Sheena Bora murder case, was found dead inside her house in Mumbai's Santacruz area last night.
“The Maharashtra ATS is in touch with GoI as a person Nabi figured in interrogation of people connected with SIMI in 2005-06,” the report said quoting the agency.
Special Judge H S Mahajan, who has been transferred to Aurangabad sessions court, said that had he continued in the case, he would have finished the trial in two to three months.
On April 28 this year, a trial court here had convicted Jain and two others for conspiring to kill Bhandarkar and sentenced them to three years imprisonment.
"Tomorrow is going to be a historic day for the Indian Railways when Tejas Express, which boasts of ultra-modern amenities on board will make its maiden run from Mumbai," DK Sharma, general manager of the Central Railway, said.
Mungantiwar's assurance came in response to Shiv Sena MLA Sunil Prabhu fears that there won't be any more checks of the vehicles at Mumbai entry points after abolition of octroi, with the GST coming into force.
As per reports, Hindu Mahasabha is constructing the memorial of Godse, the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi, at Saparde village, 6 kms from Kalyan and land has been acquired for the purpose.
The first of the Tejas brand of trains, equipped with modern facilities, will run from Mumbai to Goa on May 22.
People attending prayers and doing hawans for suspension of the death sentence given to Kulbhushan Jadhav.
The flight operations at the airport remained normal and unaffected, the official said.
"Our focus is on improving passenger experience. Through these measures, we have fulfilled the long-standing demand of the commuters," he said after inaugurating the projects through video-conferencing at the Rail Bhavan here.
This story is extremely heartbreaking and touching as well!
The police revealed that the conspiracy to murder Priyanka was hatched before her marriage.
The police laid a trap and nabbed all of them.
The development comes after the Enforcement Directorate in March attached the properties of Naik's Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) worth Rs 18.37 crore.
Guna ADM M Niyaz Khan wants to spend some time with dreaded gangster Abu Salem, who is currently lodged in a high-security cell in the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai.
The CBI raided the residences of an Income Tax Commissioner and at least six other senior officials here on Wednesday morning, official sources said.
Union minister Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said here that the ideology of the RSS was "the solution to all the problems".
Farmers in Sinnar and Igatpuri talukas here who have parted with their lands for the proposed Mumbai-Nagpur 702-km Sumruddhi Expressway project, will be compensated adequately, according to Nashik Collector B Radhakrishna.
The services of Mumbai local trains in Mumbai were on Monday morning affected after track fracture was reported.
Besides Bihar, JD-U claims strong grass-roots and organisational presence in Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Kerala.
The latest sanction comes a week after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) issued another non-bailable warrant against him in a money laundering case.
The MNS workers raised slogans, pulled down clothes and trampled upon them at Zara showroom.
The site is in the vicinity of the area where a Shivaji statue is planned to be built.
A structure taller than Dubai’s iconic 163-floor Burj Khalifa with a green boulevard bigger than Mumbai’s Marine Drive will form part of a new eastern waterfront to be developed on a wasteland in the country’s financial capital.
The Western Railway recently celebrated 164th anniversary of the first train which ran between Bori Bunder and Thane on April 16, 1853.
Security has been stepped up at Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad airports following threats of an hijack attempt.
Acting on a tip-off, the local police on Saturday arrested as many as 75 persons after raiding an illegal dance bar at Ulhasnagar in the district.
In a major setback to controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, a non-bailable arrest warrant has been issued against him on Thursday in money laundering case.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so
- 4G speed on Jio network slowest in India; Airtel has the fastest: OpenSignal