4 shot outside San Francisco schools; suspects at large
San Francisco, Four teenage students have been shot in the shared parking lot of two San Francisco high schools, and one of the students is in critical condition, authorities said.
The shooting occurred as students were moving out of school for the day from the June Jordan School for Equity and City Arts and Technology High School, which share a campus, San Francisco Police Officer Carlos Manfredi said yesterday.
Three of the victims ran inside the school, and police initially ordered students to stay in place until police searched each room and determined it was not an active shooter situation.
A fourth victim hurt in the shooting went to a hospital, Manfredi said.
"One female victim has life-threatening injuries to her upper torso," he said.
Four male suspects wearing dark hoodies and jeans were seen running away from the area, Manfredi said.
The shooters seemed to have targeted the female student, said Karwin Sui, a spokeswoman for the San Francisco Unified School District.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family