Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Thursday accused Donald Trump of painting a misleadingly dark picture of American society.
Pennsylvania: Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Thursday accepted the Democratic Party's nomination for president and accused Donald Trump of painting a misleadingly dark picture of American society.
Here are live updates of Hillary Clinton's speech at the Democratic convention:
- We need to start listening to each other. Hearing each other. Walking in each other’s shoes.
- I'm not here to take away your guns. I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.
- If we’re serious about keeping our country safe, we also can’t afford to have a president who’s in the pocket of the gun lobby.
- A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.
- A president should respect the men and women who risk their lives to serve our country. Donald Trump can't even handle the rough-and-tumble of a presidential campaign...Imagine him in the Oval Office facing a real crisis.
- Donald Trump says, and this is a quote, 'I know more about ISIS than the generals do.' No, Donald, you don't.
- Keeping our nation safe and honoring the people who do that work will be my highest priority.
- Donald Trump says he wants to make America great again—well, he could start by actually making things in America again.
- Please explain to me what part of America First leads him to make Trump ties in China, not Colorado. Trump suits in Mexico, not Michigan.
- Remember what the president said last night: Don’t boo, vote.
- Bernie Sanders and I will work together to make college tuition-free for the middle class and debt-free for all.
- If you believe that your working mother, wife, sister, or daughter deserve equal pay, join us.
- When we have millions of hardworking immigrants contributing to our economy, it would be self-defeating and inhumane to kick them out.
- I believe that climate change is real and that we can save our planet while creating millions of good-paying clean energy jobs.
- I believe that our economy isn't working the way it should because our democracy isn't working the way it should.
- Democrats, we are the party of working people. My primary mission as president will be to create more opportunity and more good jobs with rising wages right here in the United States.
- We’ve reached a milestone...the first time that a major party has nominated a woman for president.
- I will be a president for Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful…for all Americans.
- Hillary Clinton accepts Democratic presidential nomination. It is with humility, determination, and boundless confidence in America’s promise that I accept your nomination for president!
- None of us can raise a family, build a business, heal a community or lift a country totally alone. Stronger Together’ is...not just a slogan for our campaign. It’s a guiding principle for the country we’ve always been.
- Americans don’t say, 'I alone can fix it.' They say, ‘We’ll fix it together!
- Don’t believe anyone who says 'I alone can fix it.’ Yes, those were actually Donald Trump’s words in Cleveland.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that our country is weak...we’re not. Don’t let anyone tell you we don’t have what it takes we do.
- We will not ban a religion. We will work with all Americans and our allies to fight and defeat terrorism. We have the most dynamic and diverse people in the world. We have the most tolerant and generous young people we've ever had.
- We will not build a wall—instead, we will build an economy where everyone who wants a good job can get one.
- We heard Donald Trump’s answer last week at his convention. He wants to divide us...He wants us to fear the future and fear each other. He's taken the Republican Party a long way, from 'Morning in America’ to 'Midnight in America.
- Our Founders embraced the enduring truth that we are stronger together, says Hillary.
- To all of your supporters here and around the country: I want you to know, I've heard you, says Hillary.