Majority of Indian-Americans prefer Clinton over Trump, claims new survey
Washington: Majority of Indian-Americans prefer Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump as their choice for the next US President when it comes to issues of immigration, religious freedom and outsourcing, a Silicon Valley-based think tank has said.
However, the New York-based billionaire has an edge over Clinton when it comes to India-specific foreign policy of the United States and the fight against terrorism, the Indian-American think-tank said on Tuesday quoting its recent survey.
Most of the respondent preferred Clinton over Trump on immigration (59 to 29 perc ent), religious freedom (67 to 27 per cent), outsourcing (52 to 22 per cent) and trust issues (40 to 17 per cent), the Foundation of India and Indian Diaspora Studies (FIIDS-USA.org) said while releasing the results of the survey carried out on Indian-Americans about their opinions on the two US presidential candidates.
Trump faired little better against Clinton over terrorism (48 to 43 per cent) and India specific strategic alliances (47 to 40 per cent) with respect to countries like Pakistan, China, Russia among others.
FIIDS is a US think-tank based working on dialogues and research related socio, economic and geo-political issues and policy matters related to India and the Indian diaspora.
An overwhelming majority of the respondents were naturalized citizens (89 per cent) and male (82 per cent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM