Melania Trump - Meet Donald Trump’s wife and US First Lady
Melania started dating Donald Trump in 1998, married him in 2005, and gave birth to their son, Barron, in 2006.
Washington: Republican Donald Trump has won the US presidency with at least 290 electoral votes, securing more than the 270 he needed to succeed Barack Obama. With this, Melania Trump has become the US' new FLOTUS.
Here are a few facts about her:
- Born in 1970 in communist Yugoslavia, Melania becomes the first presidential spouse to be born outside the US since Lousia Adams, the wife of John Quincy Adams, who was born in England.
- Melania Trump's father is Viktor Knavs, a member of the Slovenian Communist Party, and a car and motorcycle dealer and Amalija Knvas, a patternmaker for kids' clothing.
- She speaks five languages — Slovenian, English, French, Serbian, and German.
- Melania started dating Donald Trump in 1998, married him in 2005 at the groom's landmark Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, and gave birth to their son, Barron, in 2006. She is Donald Trump's third wife and is just eight years older than her stepson Donald Trump Jr.
- Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to news agency The Associated Press.
- Melania received a green card in March 2001 and became a US citizen in 2006.
- The 5ft 11in former model has graced the covers of numerous magazines including Harper's Bazaar and Vanity Fair. She once posed naked on a white rug for British magazine GQ.
- Melania has her own jewellery and skin care line.
- She doesn’t approve of Donald Trump's tweeting.