10 cops suspended in gamblers` escape case in AP
Machilipatnam(AP): Ten police personnel were suspended in connection with escape of as many as 14 gamblers from police custody in Nandigama town of Krishna district, police said on Sunday.
The 14 were among the 42 gamblers who were arrested on July 22 after a raid at a holiday resort in Kanchikacherla mandal, however, they had given a slip to the police escort party while being produced before a court in Nandigama, they said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and a report was submitted following which Krishna district Superintendent of Police R Jayalakshmi kept nine police constables and one head constable attached to Kanchikacherla police station under suspension on charges of alleged dereliction of duty, a police officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy