10 cops suspended in gamblers` escape case in AP
Machilipatnam(AP): Ten police personnel were suspended in connection with escape of as many as 14 gamblers from police custody in Nandigama town of Krishna district, police said on Sunday.
The 14 were among the 42 gamblers who were arrested on July 22 after a raid at a holiday resort in Kanchikacherla mandal, however, they had given a slip to the police escort party while being produced before a court in Nandigama, they said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and a report was submitted following which Krishna district Superintendent of Police R Jayalakshmi kept nine police constables and one head constable attached to Kanchikacherla police station under suspension on charges of alleged dereliction of duty, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani