10 cops suspended in gamblers` escape case in AP
Machilipatnam(AP): Ten police personnel were suspended in connection with escape of as many as 14 gamblers from police custody in Nandigama town of Krishna district, police said on Sunday.
The 14 were among the 42 gamblers who were arrested on July 22 after a raid at a holiday resort in Kanchikacherla mandal, however, they had given a slip to the police escort party while being produced before a court in Nandigama, they said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and a report was submitted following which Krishna district Superintendent of Police R Jayalakshmi kept nine police constables and one head constable attached to Kanchikacherla police station under suspension on charges of alleged dereliction of duty, a police officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources