10 cops suspended in gamblers` escape case in AP
Machilipatnam(AP): Ten police personnel were suspended in connection with escape of as many as 14 gamblers from police custody in Nandigama town of Krishna district, police said on Sunday.
The 14 were among the 42 gamblers who were arrested on July 22 after a raid at a holiday resort in Kanchikacherla mandal, however, they had given a slip to the police escort party while being produced before a court in Nandigama, they said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and a report was submitted following which Krishna district Superintendent of Police R Jayalakshmi kept nine police constables and one head constable attached to Kanchikacherla police station under suspension on charges of alleged dereliction of duty, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion