10 cops suspended in gamblers` escape case in AP
Machilipatnam(AP): Ten police personnel were suspended in connection with escape of as many as 14 gamblers from police custody in Nandigama town of Krishna district, police said on Sunday.
The 14 were among the 42 gamblers who were arrested on July 22 after a raid at a holiday resort in Kanchikacherla mandal, however, they had given a slip to the police escort party while being produced before a court in Nandigama, they said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and a report was submitted following which Krishna district Superintendent of Police R Jayalakshmi kept nine police constables and one head constable attached to Kanchikacherla police station under suspension on charges of alleged dereliction of duty, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi