11 Andhra MLAs suspended for obstructing budget speech
Hyderabad: Eleven MLAs were suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Wednesday when they tried to disrupt the Budget speech of Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana
Six TRS, four CPI and one BJP member were suspended when
they tried to disrupt the Finance Minister`s budget speech by
raising the Telangana issue.
The TRS members tried to snatch the budget copy as the
Minister began his address at 11.43 am. Labour Minister Danam
Nagender foiled their attempt even as the Assembly marshals,
present in good strength, overpowered the unruly members.
Housing Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana moved a motion
for the TRS MLAs` suspension, which was carried by voice vote.
Later, as the Finance Minister resumed his address, the
CPI and BJP members stormed the Speaker`s podium raising
slogans on Telangana.
After a while, they rushed towards the Finance Minister
but marshals prevented them from doing so.
The Housing Minister then moved a motion for suspension
of four CPI and one BJP member for the day. As the motion was
carried, the suspended members walked out of the House.
Meanwhile, the TDP members stood on their seats and
constantly raised slogans on price rise and other issues but
the Finance Minister went on with his budget presentation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?