11 Andhra MLAs suspended for obstructing budget speech
Hyderabad: Eleven MLAs were suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Wednesday when they tried to disrupt the Budget speech of Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana
Six TRS, four CPI and one BJP member were suspended when
they tried to disrupt the Finance Minister`s budget speech by
raising the Telangana issue.
The TRS members tried to snatch the budget copy as the
Minister began his address at 11.43 am. Labour Minister Danam
Nagender foiled their attempt even as the Assembly marshals,
present in good strength, overpowered the unruly members.
Housing Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana moved a motion
for the TRS MLAs` suspension, which was carried by voice vote.
Later, as the Finance Minister resumed his address, the
CPI and BJP members stormed the Speaker`s podium raising
slogans on Telangana.
After a while, they rushed towards the Finance Minister
but marshals prevented them from doing so.
The Housing Minister then moved a motion for suspension
of four CPI and one BJP member for the day. As the motion was
carried, the suspended members walked out of the House.
Meanwhile, the TDP members stood on their seats and
constantly raised slogans on price rise and other issues but
the Finance Minister went on with his budget presentation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand