11 information officers penalised in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh State Information Commission imposed penalties of Rs 37,500 on eleven Public Information Officers, for "not acting reasonably and diligently" in supplying the information.
State Information Commissioner C Madhukar Raj on Friday said in an official press release that 260 appeal cases were disposed in the month of June.
"The disposal of these cases resulted in issuing show-cause notices to 103 PIOs, where it was found that the information was denied to the applicants for long periods without adequate reasons," the release said.
On hearing the show-cause notice cases, 74 such cases were disposed during the month, imposing penalities to the tune of Rs 37,500 on 11 PIOs, who were found to have not acted reasonably and diligently in supplying the information.
Since July 2012 (till date), a total of 3,082 appeal cases were heard and disposed and penalties were imposed in 288 cases, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18