11-year-old raped by uncle in Vishakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her uncle in Paderu in the district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the girl`s uncle Killo Rambabu (35) had asked the minor to accompany him for some work last evening. However, he took the girl to an isolated place and raped her there.
After the crime, the accused dropped the victim at her residence, police said.
"The girl did not say anything about the incident to her parents last night, but told them about it this morning after she started suffering from health problems," Inspector of Paderu, Sheik Gafoor said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital at Paderu.
A case was registered against the accused under Section 376 of the IPC and a search has been launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state