11-year-old raped by uncle in Vishakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her uncle in Paderu in the district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the girl`s uncle Killo Rambabu (35) had asked the minor to accompany him for some work last evening. However, he took the girl to an isolated place and raped her there.
After the crime, the accused dropped the victim at her residence, police said.
"The girl did not say anything about the incident to her parents last night, but told them about it this morning after she started suffering from health problems," Inspector of Paderu, Sheik Gafoor said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital at Paderu.
A case was registered against the accused under Section 376 of the IPC and a search has been launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened