119 mandals in Andhra Pradesh declared drought-hit
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Government on Friday declared 119 mandals (tehsils) in seven districts as affected by drought during the 2013 kharif season, taking into consideration the deficient rainfall and other parameters like crop loss.
A 10-member committee comprising top officials analysed the dry spells between June and September 2013, drop in cropped area, reduction in crop yields and other parameters and found 119 mandals eligible for classification as drought- affected.
Accordingly, the Disaster Management Department issued an order today declaring 59 mandals in Anantapuram district, 33 in Chittoor, 16 in Kadapa, five in Vizianagaram, three in Mahbubnagar, two in Medak and one mandal in Nalgonda as drought-hit in the last kharif season.
Disaster Management Commissioner C Parthasarathi, in his order, directed the respective District Collectors to take necessary action so as to enable farmers to avail of fresh credit and take up relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened